X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pglover19
    • Jan 2003

TV/VCR/DVD/Modulator HookUp to RSX-1055

I am new to the HT world. I am planning on purchasing a Rotel RSX-1055 receiver in the next couple of weeks. I have downloaded the owner's manual and see that there are a lot of video inputs/output. Can you explain or send me a diagram of how most of you have your video components (VCR, DVD) and TV connected to the back of the RSX-1055 receiver. Looks like there is a couple of options for hookup (digital, component video, composite, S-VIDEO, etc.)

I have pre-wired a room in my house for HT. The TV is located about 30 feet from where the receiver and video components will be located. At the TV location, I have a single gang box that has 2 RG6 Quad shielded coax runs for cable and video distribution(using a modulator). I am currently using both of these coax runs. Also located at the TV location is another single gang box containing speaker wire for the center speaker, 3 RG6 Quad shield coax runs, and one 4 conductor wire. All of these wires runs to a single gang box at the location where the receiver and video components will be located. Also in this single gang where the receiver will be located is the speaker wires for the other surround speakers. The subwoofer will be located right next to the receiver so I can easily run the line inputs from the sub to the receiver.

Questions:
    1. Explain to me how you have your components connected to the back of the RSX-1055. Please be very detail.
    2. Did I run enough coax and other wire from the TV location gang box to the receiver location gang box to hook the TV and other video components to the receiver.

I hope you understand my configuration. If not, I will try to explain it in more detail again.

Thanks,
    Perry (pglover@biznet.net)
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

As I see it your setup is similar to mine in that my gear is 25 feet away from the TV so I too have to run long video cables to my TV. What I have done is run a single component cable (three separate RG6 cables) from my DVD player to the TV as well as a single s-video cable. The s-video cable is plugged into the receivers s-video monitor out and the Dish and VCR are plugged into video one and video three's s-video inputs that way selecting either of these inputs on the receiver sends an s-video signal onto the TV. In your case I don't see the s video run so you'll have to use composite video for your video sources other then the DVD player which can go via the three RG6 cables..This is ok but if some of your equipment supports s-video connections it might be advantageous to use that connection over composite since you'll get a much cleaner image (esp. from a satellite)

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"