X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PatAndrae
    • May 2007

RSX-1057 Picture blacks out

I have a VCR and a DVD connected to the RSX-1057. I have a 37' component video cable from the receiver to a ceiling mounted projector. The DVD is conected to the receiver via component video cable and the VCR via composite cables. Occasionally, the screen blacks out and takes a few seconds to restore. The VCR is worse. It's unwatchable due to all the blacking out. When there IS a picture, it's beautiful. I get the feeling that the processor or converter in the 1057 is being overwhelmed. Or is a 37' cable just too long? Ideas?
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

What kind of projector is it? I've had a couple of projectors that don't sync up to Rotel receivers or preamps when the on screen generator is working. Everytime you use the volume, the on screen generator is operating. The same goes for the setup menus.

Eric

Comment

• PatAndrae
      • May 2007

The projector is a Mitsubishi HC3000U. It blacks out without regard to whether the on-screen guide is on or off.

Comment

• hifiguymi
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2007

That's not a projector I've worked with so I can't help you there. The only other thing I would try would be to run another cable directly to the projector temporarily and see if a shorter length and/or a different cable changes anything. Outside of that I'm not sure what might cause it. I've never had a customer with video drop out that was not the fault of the on screen generator (and that only happen twice with Runco projectors).

Eric

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"