X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • keiron99
    • Mar 2004

RSP 1066: mixing video and audio

I'm interested in purchasing a second hand RSP1066. I've downloaded the owner's manual but can't find the answer to my question. Is it possible to select different audio and video sources at the same time? For example, I often watch TV whilst listening to music, but then I may want to switch the TV sound on, or switch the radio on, whilst all the time watching the same video source. Can this be done?
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Not easily. You would have to run a seperate video cable from the REC-OUT to your tv. When you wanted to video surf, change to that input on your TV and change video sources with the REC + Source buttons.

The 1068 solves this issue.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Stevebez
      • Oct 2003

I do this all the time with my playstation - watching p/s while listening to cd's. You just have to fiddle with the the video vs audio input assignments. I.e. have the video source set to playstation and the audio input set to digital 1 or whatever your dvd / sat / cd audio source is.

Bit of a fiddle but can be done...

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

If everythings on a digital input Steve is right. It would probably be easier to change the digital input. You did mention radio though, most tuners are analog out only and then you would have some issues.

Kevin D.

Comment

• keiron99
          • Mar 2004

Thanks for your help. All my sources (including radio) are digital. So, are we saying that it could easily be achieved just by a few button presses (I could set up a macro on my Pronto), or would I have to go into the menus each time?

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"