X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZX 6R
    • Jan 2003

Calling all RSP 1068 Users

Hello everyone!

I was just wondering if any of you might be able to help out one of our clients as well as the Rotel community at large. He is having difficulty using his RSP 1068's video switching. I lknow he's mentioned it in one of the threads on here but am unsure as to which one. Anyways Rotel tried this week but was unable to reproduce the problems he's been having. I am hoping perhaps some of you might be able to look at his notes and try and replicate his problems so we can give Rotel a little more information to try and work with. His notes will follow in a separate post .

Thanks ahed of time for any info provided,
  • ZX 6R
    • Jan 2003

Setup as follows:

Brand New RSP1068 (version 1.1.3-040106 from factory)
    Brand New RMB 1095
    Sony KP61HS10 61inch RPTV (ISF calibrated) – with a single Component video input (Video 5)
    Sony DVDS7000 DVD Player
    Pioneer DV343 DVD Player
    Xbox with HD-Pack
    ExpressVu PVR5100 (Sattelite Receiver)

Three sources are wired to the Rotel RSP1068 via component video except the ExpressVu PVR5100 which is using S-video.

Component video output on RSP1068 wired to video 5 of Sony KP61HS10 RPTV. All component video cables are either Monster or Acoustic Research video cables (middle of the road quality – in terms of after market cables – but sufficient none the less). ExpressVu PVR5100 is being up-converted from S-Video to Component Video.

-Sony DVDS7000 DVD Player wired to component video 1 of RSP1068. (480i)

-Xbox wired to component video 2 of RSP1068. (480p)

-Pioneer DVD343 wire to component video 3 of RSP1068. (480i)

-ExpressVu PVR5100 is wired to S-Video 4 of RSP1068. (480i)

*Problem* During highly contrasting scenes (dark scene changing to bright scene in short period of time) my RPTV loses sync causing a momentary loss of picture and the re-identification of signal type (ie: 480i, 480p, 1080i - performed by my RPTV). I have found a repeatable video scene – AVIA test pattern -> ‘Overscan Bounce’ test or beginning sequence of ‘TimeLine’ DVD or many different scenes in ‘Schindler’s List’ DVD.

Testing of problem:

1)I did not notice a problem when I removed all component video cables and hooked up an S-Video output to RPTV from RSP1068 for switching video 4 (ExpressVu PVR).

2)I noticed that the problem goes away completely when I reset the RSP1068 to factory defaults, then immediately start up the RSP1068 and simply select the video input, works fine – no problems.

3)As soon as I hit the OSD button and enter the RSP1068 menu system and exit without making any changes the problem starts up again.

4)I’ve tried resetting the RSP1068 to factory defaults, powering down the RSP1068 (automatically happens when resetting) and powering down DVD & TV. Starting it all back up – selecting video input of DVD from either remote or front panel and it works.

5)I’ve tried resetting RSP1068, entering into the OSD menu, made no other movements or changes, exited, powered everything down and powered everything back on – problem crops up again.

6)I’ve changed component video cables. No change. Still problematic.

7)I’ve made several service level adjustments to my RPTV. No change. Still problematic. Before anyone asks - reducing the contrast of my ISF calibrated RPTV does not fix the problem (even when the contrast and brightness are literally 0).

8)I’ve tried changing RSP1068 menu items OSD and PROGRESSIVE – various combinations. No change. Still problematic.

9)Using the same DVD scenes but directly hooking sources up to RPTV – Video 5 (regardless of source player) has no problems.

10)I noticed the problem on all video sources – only when switching through the component video output of the RSP1068.

11)Previous Receiver in my system was a Harman Kardon AVR8000 and it did not have this problem.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"