New Rotel Line Conditioners Available now :)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boone38
    • Dec 2004

New Rotel Line Conditioners Available now :)

My Dealer just called and let me know that the new power/line conditioners are in they look awsome. I had them order the 1092 dvd player and the 1040 line condiioner for me.

Will pick these up later this week.
  • ICEMAN70
    • Apr 2006

Mine is not in yet.

Comment

• H.Donald
      • Aug 2004

Rats....one just came into the store in Boston,but I can't get up there for a few days.

Comment

• Boone38
        • Dec 2004

I just plugged in the 1040. QUIET and looks great. The unit looks awsome with the rest of the Rotel gear. Matched with the 1068/1075 and the 1092 DVD. There is features that you can scroll through for the plugs on the rear. The first thing I noticed the weight. For the size this is heavy. I had the Monster 5200 thought this was a good unit. The Rotel is much better for amount and the same price. I just gave back the Richard Gray 600 that my dealer let me borrow and so far I can not hear any degrading of the sound. Want to play with it more and will give a more indepth review.

Also will play with the 1092 over the next few days give the same update.

Comment

• grit
          • Jan 2005

So Boone, in your case, you didn't notice an improvement with the Richard Gray?

Comment

• Nolan B
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Boone38
            I just plugged in the 1040. QUIET and looks great. The unit looks awsome with the rest of the Rotel gear. Matched with the 1068/1075 and the 1092 DVD. There is features that you can scroll through for the plugs on the rear. The first thing I noticed the weight. For the size this is heavy. I had the Monster 5200 thought this was a good unit. The Rotel is much better for amount and the same price. I just gave back the Richard Gray 600 that my dealer let me borrow and so far I can not hear any degrading of the sound. Want to play with it more and will give a more indepth review.

Also will play with the 1092 over the next few days give the same update.
            I am surprised that you havent noticed any difference removing the richard grey. How long did you have it before and did you notice a difference when you added the richard grey?

Also, just curious, does the 1040 manual recomend you plug your amp directly into the conditioner? Does it provide a non current limiting outlet?

Comment

• Boone38
              • Dec 2004

I had the grey unit for about 4 weeks. To be honest, I did not have allot of time to sit down and do some serious listening with the unit. I went from nothing to the Grey which was a change. I have then swapped the grey for the 1040 and played about 5 cds. I was looking for change in sound and really could not hear much if any difference.

The back of the 1040 is labeled with plugs for each piece of eguipment. There is a spot for the amp and preamp. I could not find anywhere in the manual that states to not plug the amp into the conditioner.

Comment

• Marlboroman
                • Aug 2005

There are two outlets on the back that support high current amps, one is labeled amp and the other subwoofer. I have recently added the 1040 to my system. Upgrade from the old Rotel RLC-900. Huge improvement in sound quality and video quality. Unit looks great too.

Comment

• grit
                  • Jan 2005

Boone, any chance you could unplug the 1040 and see if it makes any difference?

Comment

• Boone38
                    • Dec 2004

I tried just that, and YES there is a difference. Even the wife could tell a sound difference. I do not have the TV in place yet so can not comment on the video part. As for the audio there is a cleaner portion in the highs which is the first to be heard. I would have liked to kept the Grey for a short time to compare. But to me 500.00 vs 1300.00 is a big difference. The mids seems to have more depth as well. Will do more listening this weekend and give you a better update. I also will try to get the TV in place. I want to see how the video on the rdv 1092 matches up and use the HDMI hook ups.

Comment

• miner
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Boone38
                      I tried just that, and YES there is a difference. Even the wife could tell a sound difference. I do not have the TV in place yet so can not comment on the video part. As for the audio there is a cleaner portion in the highs which is the first to be heard. I would have liked to kept the Grey for a short time to compare. But to me 500.00 vs 1300.00 is a big difference. The mids seems to have more depth as well. Will do more listening this weekend and give you a better update. I also will try to get the TV in place. I want to see how the video on the rdv 1092 matches up and use the HDMI hook ups.
                      Was the difference (better) heard with RLC1040 plugged in or unplugged, meaning was it cleaner/better with or without the RLC?

Comment

• Club1820
                        • Jan 2006

Is it too soon, or do you think these can be had for less than the MSRP of $499?

Wondering when the first one will pop up on Audiogon or Ebay.
                        Rotel 1068, Rotel 1060, Rotel 1055, Rotel 1095, Rotel 956, Rotel RLC-1040, M&K VX-860 Sub, Whatmough M30s, Squeezebox 3

Comment

• grit
                          • Jan 2005

Hmm, may be time for a trip to the audio store!

Comment

• Stevebez
                            • Oct 2003

Wow! - they look to be the real deal thats for sure .. bummer cannot get for UK 240v systems...

Rgds Steve.

Comment

• mike c
                              • Dec 2005

no 240v yet? or ever?

Comment

• H.Donald
                                • Aug 2004

I picked up mine today...the 1040 that is.Obviously,it's a real nice looking unit...I bought it mainly just to match the rest of my gear.As most Rotel equipment,it comes in black and silver.I chose the silver,as most of my Rotel equipment is....
                                A couple of first impressions....it was heavier than I thought.Althought it is not as large as the Monster 5100 it was replacing,it weighs quite a bit more.
                                Also,I plugged it in and it went right to work...voltage in was 112,voltage out was 120,so I guess it was doing it's job.
                                I also plugged both my amps into it,and it was quiet all evening.Before,with the 5100,if I plugged my RMB 1095 into it,a huge hum from the speakers was produced.So,it's been all quiet.
                                As for sound quality...I have only done a litte listening,and I really could not hear any differences,but that's not I was looking for.
                                I'm happy with it...and my dealer sold it to me for 450 dollars plus tax.

Comment

• ICEMAN70
                                  • Apr 2006

And mine is still not in yet.

Comment

• ICEMAN70
                                    • Apr 2006

Finally got it...

Have not had too much time to play with it but looks great. It is built very well and solid. Heavy sucker for it's size. Listened to some music and sounds great. The humm i had coming from the speakers are almost gone. I will post more reviews as i play with it tonight after work.

In the mean time here are some pictures of it.

Cheers,
                                    Attached Files

Comment

• audiojunky
                                      • Mar 2006

Very nice look - all Rotel! Looks very classy indeed.

Iceman - What brand /model of rack is that and where did you pick it up?

Do you have pictures of your entire setup?

Comment

• miner
                                        • Mar 2005

Looks great with your other equipement. Do you by chance have your TV cable routing through it? Also, what is the default order of shut-down - amp/rcvr last?

Comment

• ICEMAN70
                                          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by audiojunky
                                          Very nice look - all Rotel! Looks very classy indeed.

Iceman - What brand /model of rack is that and where did you pick it up?

Do you have pictures of your entire setup?
                                          Thanks audiojunky,

The rack was an gift from my parents. I really don't know where they got it from. It is made by Z-Line, that's all i can tell you. Also it was a pain to put together.

I will post more pictures of my system when i get some free time.

Comment

• ICEMAN70
                                            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by miner
                                            Looks great with your other equipement. Do you by chance have your TV cable routing through it? Also, what is the default order of shut-down - amp/rcvr last?
                                            Hi miner,

I have not had a time to route the cable through it yet. The cable won't reach the conditioner. So i have to get an adapter from radio shack to connect it to the RCL 1040.

I have the DVD hooked up to it but have not watched any movies yet to tell you guy's how the Video quality is.

Also the Default order of shut down is:

RMB 1075 amp first to shut off
                                            RSX 1057 Receiver is next.
                                            RDV 1040 DVD player is the last to shut off.

These are the only units i have hooked up at the moment. The delay is about 3 sec. in between shut down.
                                            Last edited by ICEMAN70; 13 July 2006, 14:49 Thursday.

Comment

• ICEMAN70
                                              • Apr 2006

Also i have question for the guy's who got theirs allready.

When i adjust the Dimmer in the front display to +2 or +1 or even to Normal, my Overload light comes on.. Is this normal???? I want the lights to be little more brighter in the front display so i can see the indicator where i sit from but if i set them up little brighter the OVERLOAD indicator light comes on red. Maybe the amp is drawing up tooo much power???

Does this happen to you guys????

Thanks,

Comment

• H.Donald
                                                • Aug 2004

My overload protection light comes on while I am setting the brightness level...then goes out after I have finished,not matter what the final setting is.

Comment

• ICEMAN70
                                                  • Apr 2006

Originally posted by H.Donald
                                                  My overload protection light comes on while I am setting the brightness level...then goes out after I have finished,not matter what the final setting is.
                                                  Thank's H.Donald

See mine does not go out after i am finished with the settings. The overload light stays ON.. Guess have to phone my dealer and find out what the problem could be?

Comment

• ICEMAN70
                                                    • Apr 2006

Also,

Isn't the front LCD display suppose to be Blue?? Mine is Black and white and you can hardly even see the numbers??

Well this is going back tomorow. What a bummer. :evil:

Comment

• Russ L
                                                      • Jul 2006

Sorry to hear of your problem but thanks for the great pics! You have an awesome setup! The Rotel 1040 looks better in the pictures than on the website. Still trying to decide between the Rotel Conditioner and the Shunyata Hydra conditioner at $1150 CDN. (ouch)
                                                      Russ

Comment

• Boone38
                                                        • Dec 2004

I have all the setting adjusted on mine. The display is to be blue and not black and white. Also the overload should not be coming on when you adjust the display level. Mine stays off the entire time. As for the amp drawing too much power? I also have the 1075 connected and have never got it to the point were the over load comes on. Agree you need to call your dealer.

Comment

• H.Donald
                                                          • Aug 2004

Well,this is not off to a good start...when I adjust the display brightness,the overload light on mine comes on.If it doesn't on yours,then I guess mine has an issue also.Although,as I said...once the adjustment is made,the light goes off.
                                                          Hmmmm,not sure what I will do...except to register it and make the store aware.
                                                          All else seems to be working...I don't want to make it an issue if it isn't.

Comment

• ICEMAN70
                                                            • Apr 2006

Just got back from my dealer. They checked the conditioner out and found that it was Faulty.. The LCD display was not working. And they said the Overload should not be staying on all the time.

They told me they also had another one with same problem. Hope these new runs of conditioners are not buggy.

Well anyways, My dealer gave me a Brand New RLC-1040. I made them open the New one that they gave me to make sure that this one worked.

All is well now. Enjoying the new conditioner. Hope nothing else goes wrong.

Cheers,

Comment

• ICEMAN70
                                                              • Apr 2006

Well,this is not off to a good start...when I adjust the display brightness,the overload light on mine comes on.If it doesn't on yours,then I guess mine has an issue also.Although,as I said...once the adjustment is made,the light goes off.
                                                              Hmmmm,not sure what I will do...except to register it and make the store aware.
                                                              All else seems to be working...I don't want to make it an issue if it isn't.
                                                              Hi donald,

The new conditioner i got does not have the Overload light come on when i make adjustments. Maybe call your dealer. My dealer got 6 RLC1040 in and 2 where faulty.

Comment

• H.Donald
                                                                • Aug 2004

Well,I called the dealer up...he called me back later to say that he had called Rotel.
                                                                They informed him that it was just a "peculiarity",to my? unit...and that as long as the light goes off,all is well.
                                                                Hmmmmmm....I will take them at their word.

Comment

• ICEMAN70
                                                                  • Apr 2006

Well,I called the dealer up...he called me back later to say that he had called Rotel.
                                                                  They informed him that it was just a "peculiarity",to my? unit...and that as long as the light goes off,all is well.

So i guess it does not matter if the Overload light is ON or OFF when your making adjustment. Long as it goes OFF after your done. I'll take Rotels word for it then. It must be OK...

Comment

• Blindamood
                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                    • Sep 2003

FWIW, I have the APC H15, on which the RLC-1040 is based. When I adjust the brightness level all of the lights on the display come on. I presume this is so that you can see how bright they would be if they actually come on during usage. After brightness is adjusted, Overload (and Line Trim/Line Boost) lights go out. Of course, if the unit is actually performing Line Trim/Line Boost duties, these would stay lit.
                                                                    Brad

Comment

• Andrew M Ward
                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Blindamood
                                                                      FWIW, I have the APC H15, on which the RLC-1040 is based. When I adjust the brightness level all of the lights on the display come on. I presume this is so that you can see how bright they would be if they actually come on during usage. After brightness is adjusted, Overload (and Line Trim/Line Boost) lights go out. Of course, if the unit is actually performing Line Trim/Line Boost duties, these would stay lit.
                                                                      This is correct... They should work as explained above...

Comment

• Andrew M Ward
                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                        • Apr 2005

Wow!
                                                                        Think about it for a second...

You're making brightness adjustments, all the lights need to come on, then when you set it and save it they go off.... Is that so weird?

Secondly.. The "Black & White" setting is brightness turned all the way down...

Comment

• H.Donald
                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                          • Aug 2004

Thank you for "enlightning" me....

Comment

Working...
                                                                          Searching...Please wait.
                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                          Search Result for "|||"