• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICEMAN70
    • Apr 2006

Newbie Here with RDV-1040

Hi guy's

This is my first post here.

My 2 year old just killed my ROTEL RDV 1060 couple days ago. She tought that my DVD player could drink Milk. 8O

Anyways went to my Rotel dealer on monday to pick up a new DVD player. They did not carry any more 1050 or 1060 but they had a brand new RDV 1040. I guess the RDV 1092 is coming out. But my dealer told me it was going to $2000 canadian. Thats too much for me to spend at the moment since HD DVD's and Blue Ray coming out. So to get me by for now with my 300 DVD collection i just picked up the RDV 1040 for $630 canadian.

I am just going to wait till the dust settles on this Blue Ray and HD DVD war before i plunge the $$$ in one. But for now, i hope my daughter will stay out of my system. Set up the 1040 yesterday and it is as good as my 1060 except for the Audio DVD which i dont listen to.

Cheers,
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Welcome Iceman...

Two year olds can be such fun...

But from 2-3 they are a serious danger to your equipment - rapid CD / DVD changes - forcing 3-4 in a slot, breaking off drawers, drawing on RPTV screens... But I love my kids (and they are older now!!!)

Geoff

Comment

• Claw
      • Apr 2005

Heya, I've got a 1040 too, and that's my only piece of Rotel gear.

Did you get it from Sounds of Music?

Comment

• ICEMAN70
        • Apr 2006

Hi claw,

Yes, i get all my stuff from there. They have Great service. :T

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"