X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CPALIU
    • Jun 2006

Can't adjust volume on remote

So i have my RSX-1057 all setup. I have my TV sending an audio signal through RCA's to Video 2 on the receiver. I can adjust the volume fine on the receiver itself, however when i hit V2 on the remote the volume buttons don't work on the remote. If I hit V1 or Aud or CD or TUN or TAPE or EXT (quick press and release, so that the receiver doesn't switch into that video input), I can adjust the volume with the remote. Am I setting something up wrong?
  • Marcel B
    • Nov 2004

Maybe you've assigned the volume buttons on the remote (The RR-1050 I think ?) to the volume button of the TV.
    When you reset these buttons, they should work with the 1057

Marcel B

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Does the 1057 come with a newer remote (not the 1050)? I remember that newer units were coming with it and they had a bigger built in database. If that's the case, I wonder if when you set V2 to control your TV it automatically set the volume buttons to be TV volume.

In any case, I believe you can reset individual buttons. Just reset the volume/mute buttons on the V2 mode on the remote.

Kevin D.

Comment

• CPALIU
        • Jun 2006

I want the remote to adjust the volume on the receiver, not the tv. It appears that the only way to adjust the volume on the receiver through the remote is to his AUD, CD, TUN, TAPE, EXT or V1. V2-V5 don't seem to adjust the volume on the receiver. Hopefully I'm just doing something wrong.

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

Right, you need to reset the remote. You should be able to just reset the V2 volume buttons back to their default.

Kevin D.

Comment

• ICEMAN70
            • Apr 2006

I think you have to program the RR-1060 to adjust the volume on the receiver when it is on V2.

Also maybe go into your INPUT SETUP and change the settings with OSD. Because i know with mine you can't adjust the volume with V2 also.

Why can't you just adjust the volume with AUD on the remote????

Comment

• ICEMAN70
              • Apr 2006

The AUD DEVICE/INPUT button of the RR-1060 is pre-programmed with control codes for Rotel A/V receivers or surround sound processors. The V1 button is pre-programmed to operate Rotel DVD players. The CD button is pre-programmed to operate Rotel CD players.The other DEVICE/INPUT buttons (TUN, TAPE and V2 – V5) are unprogrammed. You must program or learn commands for these DEVICE/INPUT buttons.

Comment

• CNC GUY
                • Oct 2006

i just got my system hooked up and i too am experiencing a problem.to change the channels i hit v2 on the remote,and to change the volume i have to hit the aud button first.my entire system was set up from my dealer.my remote is the RR-1060 :cry:
                ROTEL RSX-1057
                B+W DM603 S3 FRONTS
                B+W DM602.5 S3 REARS
                B+W LCR60 S3 CENTER
                B+W ASW600 SUB
                PANAMAX 4300
                SALAMANDER SYNERGY SVDO

Comment

• Kevin D
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Oct 2002

You or your dealer needs to reset the volume buttons on V2 back to default.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"