X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mats
    Special Member
    • Jun 2000

remote issue

i've got the 1066 with the new remote (1050 i think?)... set it up this past week with regards to 'learning' my other components/cable/tv.

now.... works alright (though it lacks buttons; i'll probably pick up a universal remote), save for the volume control. my cable box remote (made by sony) controls the tv and the cable box. but when you adjust the volume on the cable remote, it defaults to the tv... so when i tried to program this into the rotel remote, it's function doesn't fall under the cable (v1) portion.

that being said, if i haven't confused anyone, i need to switch the rotel remote to "audio" to adjust the volume on the 1066, switching away from v1. anyone else have this issue, and is there a work-around?

many thanks
    Mats
    Mats Strömberg
    Ah! It's a profit deal! Takes the pressure off! Get your weight guessed right here! Only a buck! Actual live weight guessing! Take a chance and win some crap!
    Navin R Johnson (alias Steve Martin)
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

There should be a way to force the volume to always be linked to the Rotel...at least you can on most universal remotes. Unfortunatly I've never used my remote since I'm a die hard pronto user so hopefully some of the other members can help with the specifics

Comment

• shuang1234
      • Apr 2003

The remote feature you are looking for is called 'Punch Through'.

I am currently using the Home Theater Master MX-500 on my system (RSP-1066, RMB-1095). I punch through the volume from each device to the RSP-1066 volume. So whether I am on V1, V2 volume control is always directed to the Rotel.

http://www.hometheatermaster.com/htm/mx500/index.html

The MX-500 Punch Through feature enables control of one component while the remote is actually in another component mode. For example, you can adjust the volume of the amplifier while actually in the DVD mode, eliminating the need to toggle back-and-forth from the DVD screen to the amplifier screen.

The MX-500 is highly rated in many magazines and by forum enthusiasts. It can be purchased from on-line retailers (e.g. through eBay) for $110US.

The main decision in choosing a remote you need to make is whether you like software buttons (on LCD screen) or physical buttons. I personally like physical buttons, easy to control my system in the dark.

Comment

• Mats
        Special Member
        • Jun 2000

excellent, shuang. i had my eye on the mx500 since before i picked up my gear, but i wanted to give the rotel remote the benefit of the doubt for some time before banishing it to the drawer. i had even considered just sticking with the original remotes for each component, but now that i'm looking at the clutter of all the remotes, it's time to take action....

thanks again
        Mats
        Mats Strömberg
        Ah! It's a profit deal! Takes the pressure off! Get your weight guessed right here! Only a buck! Actual live weight guessing! Take a chance and win some crap!
        Navin R Johnson (alias Steve Martin)

Comment

• Scarp
          • Mar 2003

I just took a look at my RR1050 remote and for all equipment it controls the volume on the RSP1066, since I never put anything under the volume buttons for the other modes.

I expect that btw... so as long as you dont let a button learn anything it just defaults to the RSP1066 functions.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"