X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • digitalshah
    • Nov 2008

Classe ssp-600 remote partially responding

I just acquired a Classe ssp-600 processor. It came with the remote but the only function it performs on the ssp-600 is vol up, down and mute. I can also program the f1, f2, f3, f4 keys from the on screen menu. The other commands on the remote don't seem to be working, including the standby, display, info and the remote illumination key. Is there a trick to it or can the remote be reset? Thanks for your help.
  • Glen B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jul 2004

The fact that some processor functions are working suggests the problem might be with the remote. Have you checked that there is a fresh set of batteries in the remote ? Another possibility may be dirty/worn contact points on the remote PC board. I've had that experience with keypads where buttons that are used more often eventually become partly functional. If you can gain access to another SSP600 or SSP300 remote, you can try it with your processor and know for sure where the problem lies.
    Last edited by Glen B; 30 June 2009, 12:00 Tuesday.

Comment

• digitalshah
      • Nov 2008

Solved!!

Glenn B, Thanks so much for your response. It turns out that I was sent the incorrect remote for the ssp-600. The correct remote is on its way. Thanks again.

Comment

• omegabuzz
        • Jul 2009

Digitalshah, I had the same problem with the remote of my CP-700. I sent the remote to Classe. The problem was that the memory of the remote was lost. They reset the memory and now everything is fine.

Comment

• Glen B
          Super Senior Member
          • Jul 2004

That's interesting information. Those heart of those remotes is usually an IR remote control transmitter IC, the Phillips SAA3008 being one example. When a button on the remote is pressed, the chip generates a code that is sent by the IR emitter. I wasn't aware there was any memory, unless the ICs have some sort of programming.
          Attached Files

Comment

• omegabuzz
            • Jul 2009

Glenn B,

Here’s the problem:

Only the following keys works on the remote control: Volume up, mute, Volume down and the button who activate the retro lighting of the remote control. The function keys F1, F2, F3 and F4 works when they are assigned by the LCD touchscreen menu on the CP-700.

All the others keys are not interpreted by the CP-700. For example if I press the Standby key on the remote control, the retro lighting is activated on the remote but the CP-700 does not react to the order.

I replace the battery to make sure that the remote was able to provide a powerful signal to the infrared receiver of the CP-700.
            In addition, I reset the CP-700. You can find the information for resetting the Delta series unit here

You can reset the settings of these models of the Delta series: CAP-2100, CDP-102, CDP-202, CDP-300, CDP-502, CDT-300, CP-500, CP-700, SSP-300, SSP-600, SSP-800.

Finally, talked to Tom McConville of Classe and he ask me to send the remote. The description of the problem was “Lost Memory”

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"