X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wrekkah
    • Mar 2005

1056 video processing problem?

I'm in the process of troubleshooting an intermitent problem with the video chain of my HT. I have an older Hughes satellite box. I send the signal to the 1056 via s-video. From the 1056 I send video signal to my TV (Sammy HLP 4674) via component and s-video. When I'm viewing the component signal, the picture will suddenly turn black and white. Sometimes it stays black and white for a second other times there is no color for up to 20 seconds. On some channels it happens more often then others. I've had a Samsung tech look at it and he ruled out the TV and I agree with him. I've changed out cables and that hasn't helped so I'm down to the satellite receiver or the 1056. The problem doesn't appear when viewing the s-video signal.

My 1056 is less than a year old and the problem didn't occur for the first six months I owned it. Has anyone had this happen to them?

Thanks,
    Aaron
  • Sim reality
    • Aug 2005

Is there any way you can have the satellit box go directly into the TV? That way you can reasonable solate the problem to just the 1056 and send it back to be fixed.

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

I have seen this happen on a 1068. S-vid converted to component and it's black and white, s-vid to s-vid is fine.

If you can, try another s-video source and see if the same thing happens. It could be an issue with that particular DSS unit. A quick call to Rotel will let you know if they've had any issues with it. I'm pretty sure someone else had a cable box causing the same issue that was resolved when they swapped it out.

Thanks,

Kevin D.

Comment

• wrekkah
        • Mar 2005

Thanks for the replies. The satellite box is connected to another TV via the coaxial conection and I have not had the problem. I will connect the S-video to the TV and see if the same problem occurs.

My thought is that the signal from the satellite box varies in quality and that the processor in the 1056 may sometimes have a hard time decoding for color. I've come to this conclusion because the channels near the bottom of my satellite service (locals 2,4,5,7,25,etc...) tend to demonstrate the problem more often than the channels up the dial. In addition, some nights the problem shows up almost immediately and other nights, I never see it.

I was hoping someone here may have had a similar problem and had diagnosed it. The problem is so intermitent that I don't feel like spending a lot of time on it, if you know what I mean.

thanks,
        Aaron

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"