X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AngelEyes
    • Feb 2006

RSP 1068: Component in -> S-Video out?

Hi,

I want to start using the video switching capabilities of my 1068 but just wanted to make sure it does what I need.

My display is a 32" CRT TV and although I will replace it sometime soon I want to be able to route all my sources via the 1068 for now, as after moving my kit to another room, I now have a 12m run from the sources to the TV!

I had planned to have the following setup, can you confirm this will work and if I need to do anything on the processor to set this up?

Inputs_________________________Processor______Outp ut

1. SD DVD Component ->_________RSP1068
    2. SD / HD HTPC Component ->____RSP1068 ->____S-Video Monitor out to TV
    3. Sky+ Satellite S-Video ->_______RSP1068

Any suggestion as what resolution/refresh to run the HTPC for it to work via component?

Many thanks,

Adam

PS. I wanted to do this via component so when I get my new Display I can still use the same input cables.
  • sirbogey
    • Mar 2006

s-video is inferior to component, so you are going to lose pic quality if this works. Keep in mind that proper cables are not cheap either. Why not using component as your output? I believe the 1068 will upconvert from s-video to component (my 1098 does). But I'm not sure if it's gonna "downconvert" to s-video. Why don't you download the manual from rotel.com to make sure...

Comment

• AngelEyes
      • Feb 2006

My TV doesn't have component input and a converter is about £200

I'll dig out the manual.

Adam

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"