X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gopies
    • Mar 2004

Volume control on RSP 1066

Hi guys have read this on some other posts so sorry for the repitition. Got a 1 week old RMB 1075 and RSP 1066. Need to have the volume at around 50 for easy listening. If I push it to 70 then it is loud. Just want to confirm that this "normal" - I would've thought that things would have been louder earlier - but then again this may be how the machine is configured.
  • Stevebez
    • Oct 2003

Comment

• Stevebez
      • Oct 2003

Yep - I have the same set-up and this surprised me too ... I thought it might be down to speaker inefficiency, but my Boston Micros handle the 1075 pretty well up to 2/3rds of max RMS power beyond that the amp feels just too powerfull.

Also it seems the output from the 1066 is not linear - so it "feels" as though the sound gets louder by a larger increment the higher the vol number, although this may just be my perception.

So yes this is what I have found in my experience...!!

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

I usually listen between the mid-40's to mid-60's dependant on source.

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
        Jason

Comment

• Azeke
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2003

Providing a point of reference: with the RSP-1098, source material dependent, my sound varies from 48 (CD player, mellow listening) to 72 (DVD player, with no one home :LOL: ).

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• gopies
            • Mar 2004

Thanks guys - sounds like everything is in working order
            cheers
            gopies

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

It all depends on what you calibrate to and how efficient your speakers are. For me reference is at 80 so I'm typically listening around 65-72.

Comment

• gopies
                • Mar 2004

Hi Andrew,
                I must admit I find 70+ loud - which ain't a bad thing. What are your thoughts on speaker configuration ie the centre. I have a B&W HTM7 as a centre. specs are sensitivity 91dB, impedance 8Ohm and power handling 50-120W. Would it be better to set this as large or small (I have no subby and the fronts are the 704s)
                Cheers
                steve

Comment

• Welshie
                  • Nov 2003

I had similar worries when mine was new, however, as people have said you can adjust the calibration so that a reference level is a different volume level.

It also seems to me as well that the volume response is not linear, but that could just be the way my ears work!

Just my 2c

Comment

• Welshie
                    • Nov 2003

oops...posted twice!!

Comment

• Rob's Rotel
                      • Mar 2004

Sounds about right to me. I never turn mine past about 55 but I have really efficient speakers. My wife hates it past 40!

Rob
                      Rob

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"