X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Flatulent Multi-channel?

I've had my 1066 since early winter and until the last month or two everythings been fine. However 2-3 times now when I've selected the multi-channel inputs I get a loud "flatulent", vibrating noise through all my speakers. Now this doesn't happen most of the time, like I said it's only happened a couple timesbut when it does I get a very worried and scared look on my face.... Any one got any thought/solutions?

Thanks,

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason
  • spiffnme
    • Apr 2003

Try this.

www.funnyfarmcomics.net
    All Daredevil, All the Time!

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

lol...very funny :LOL:

Seriously though has anyone else encountered something similar? I'm scared I may damage something. At the very least it doesn't sound very impressive when you're trying to show off all your fancy gear to guests...
      :?

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
      Jason

Comment

• JoeHard
        • Jan 2004

I don't know if I can help, but I'll try. When I first listened to multi channel on my 1066 the sound was terrible. The bass was bloated and distorted. I was using the optical input when I switched to the multi input and wondered if I was receiving a signal from the toslink as well as the 5.1 analog channels. I switched to the 2 channel input, then the multi input and the sound was much better. I have always used this procedure for DVD- A and have never had another problem. There are many regulars to this forum that know much more about Rotel than I, what I have posted may be totally inaccurate, but it seemed to work for me.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"