• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Bias Lighting

Just realized maybe I should post this here instead of the Chalet... ops:

I'm looking at getting a bias light for my theatre/family room after the holidy mayhem is over and my credit card has recovered from it's wounds...lol. Wondering what everyone else is using out there...? Fixtures from Home Depot with 6500k bulbs? Aftermarket ones from companies such as http://www.cinemaquestinc.com/ideal_lume.htm? Any suggestions/reccomendations? What are you guys using to filter the light down to 10% of peak white output from your display? Can I go the cheap Home depot approach on this or would I be better off spending the extra $ ? (Is anything cheap in this damn hobby :?: !! :?: :? ) :LOL:

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Jason, I have a dedicated home theater so it is lights out when viewing movies. Now I do have another viewing room for watching tv and I use a low watt ( 20 ) lamp near the tv. The better quality bias lighting is probably better suited positioned behind the tv. If you have an rptv or a direct view tv, then I guess it's a matter of personal preference whether you go the expensive or inexpensive route.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"