X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • w6000
    • Dec 2003

RDV 1066 problems

Hi,
    Apparantly the 1060 has some problems with certain DVD-Audio discs. I have spoken to the dealer who was unaware of the problem. I sent an e-mail to rotel who responded that it might be a problem eith the wiring. I find this distressing since I know of a least ten other people who are having the same problem including the dealer. Since Rotel in not aware of the problem it could be along time before the problem is fixed.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Who replied to your email?? With the forum and Andrew's connections, I guarantee you SOMEONE at Rotel knows about it.. Considering the 1098 hasn't seen an update in a while either, I imagine everyone's running around for CES and the new models.. I bet we will see some new firmwares come down in mid January..

Kevin D.

Comment

• w6000
      • Dec 2003

The person who responded was from Rotel:

"Hopefully, your dealer will give us a call because we are not hearing of this problem from anyone else.

Best Regards,

Tim Wyatt"

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Please document all the details you have on the problem including the number of people with the problem and which discs it is etc in a post here and I'll make sure the right person(s) at Rotel see's the thread.

Comment

• w6000
          • Dec 2003

Hi Andrew,
          As far as I can tell this is a problem with all RDV-1060's. The DVD-A discs that did not work on my 1060 were Andrea Bocelli/ Verdi Arias by Phillips and The Beethoven series Berliner Philharmoniker, Claudio Abbado, on Duetsche Grammophon. One interesting thing to note is that both these companies use something called MLP where as the other DVD-A discs that work on the 1060 do not.

Thanx w6000

Comment

• aud19
            Twin Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2003

Here's a link to a thread asking about this problem a few days ago. There's also another link within this thread to another thread discussing it.

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
            Jason

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

For those with problems with your 1060's please email me and I'll provide you with Mike Sheehan's email address. He's the guy you need to talk to about having your units updated with the new software. Unfortunatly its going to mean shipping your player to Rotel as the updates a little tricky due to the DVD-A capabilities of the 1060 player.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"