X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tumbleweed
    • Feb 2006

H20 DTV Receiver - Audio problems

I installed a H20-600 LG Dirctv HD receiver and for the most part I'm pretty happy. I hope you can help me sort out some audio problems.

I am using HDMI to Panasonic tube and the picture is great. For audio, I have a optical cable running to an Onkyo HT-R500 5.1 and in the Pro logic II movie mode I only have sound coming from the sub and the front center channel. Pro logic II music mode sends sound to sub, front left, front center and front right. Still no rear channels. All other modes such as studio mix and all channel stereo work perfect on all channels.

Pro logic II is made to work with 2 channel input and wonder if the H20-600 is upconverting the signal to something that completely screwing up the pro logic modes. Can anyone tell me what kind of audio signal I'm getting from the H20?

I should add that my old RCA 485 Dtv receiver worked good in pro logic II modes when using optical cable.

Thanks!
    Tumbleweed
  • Tumbleweed
    • Feb 2006

Did I post this on the correct board? Is there someone on another board that might have more information?

Comment

• Azeke
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2003

Tumbleweed,

A few things I would try:

1) Try a different cable, to ensure that is not the issue.
      2) Check you menu settings to ensure that you have enabled DD on the HD receiver.
      3) Check the trouble-shooting guide in your manuals.

Hope this helps,

Azeke

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"