X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jaynaldo
    • May 2006

1068 vs 1098

I've already upgraded from the 1075 to the 1095. Can my fellow
    Rotelians give me the pro's and and cons if I upgrade to the 1098 from the 1068 or do I save my moneyfor the PS3. I didnt realize the price gap between the 1068& 109 was huge. Also does having the balanced connections to the 1095 improve anything. Anyone tested the connections in comparison to the RCA cables. Thanks everyone for your support.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

The balanced inputs on the 1095 are not true balanced inputs, they get converted back to unbalanced inside the amp. Pretty much everyone that's tried never notices a difference worth the price of admission.

As far as the 1098 vs 1068, I would say wait on the 109X. It's close enough for some people to say go with the 1068, and if I had to do it again I probably would go with the 1068 as well.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Azeke
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2003

I concur with Kevin, I would stick with the 1068. Save your money for the PS3, you gonna need it at a $600.00 for the 60G version .

I was contemplating waiting for the PS3, but the X360 (Premium) was available, via a birthday present. Then I thought to myself, $600.00 is a lot of cabbage, and this doesn't even include your additional accessories and games. However I digress.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"