X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joneser
    • Mar 2004

New owner of 1068/1075

A few weeks ago I had the itch to upgrade my Yam 995 receiver. Did some research and went to listen to a Marantz 7400.....found out about the Denon 3805 and decided to wait to hear it. Did some more research (including this forum) and somehow ended up with the above Rotel gear. I received an outstanding deal on this from a store owner that I have become somewhat friendly with. The price which was already good became that much better when he threw in some Kimber Timbre connects for me. I had some phoenix gold connectors for my DVD audio and I am not crazy about the fit and finish of them....thinking about upgrading to Kimber...any thoughts on them. I will be taking advantage of the video switching to my HD Mits so now I need some shorter composit video cables....I looked at the xxxxx cables......not crazy about 110.00 for each one that I will need but can live with it if they are a good fit? Any other suggestions or comments would be appreciated. I have enjoyed reading the posts here and can't wait to pick up my gear next week.....should bring some new life to my B&W CM4s

Later

Eric
  • Atorak
    • Feb 2004

How are your 1068/1075s holding up? I currently have the 1075, and I am looking to grab the 1068 as soon as I can. If you could give some impressions of what you think, on stuff like CD quality, Movies, DVD-A, SACD, etc., that would be great!

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2003

joneser,

Re component cables – you may want to pop over to the Home Theater part of HT guide and get some opinions. I have seen a number of very positive posts about www.catcables.com video cables & the owner – Lex is a nice guy to deal with and a forum sponsor to boot .

Geoff

Comment

• annex666
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by joneser
        A few weeks ago I had the itch to upgrade my Yam 995 receiver. Did some research and went to listen to a Marantz 7400.....found out about the Denon 3805 and decided to wait to hear it. Did some more research (including this forum) and somehow ended up with the above Rotel gear.
        What is it with hi-fi and wanting to spend silly amounts of money?

I own a Sony STR-DB940 home cinema receiver and was pleased with it until I heard a friends system (two-channel Arcam power amp and Roksan Kaspian CD player).

I had to upgrade. Now I am on the reasearch path looking for the ideal upgrade - at first I was looking at the successor to the Sony amp (£400ish if you shop in the right place), then I moved on to wanting the Denon 3803 (£1000) and for a time I briefly owned a Denon AVC-A11SR (£1800) although it never worked (I bought it on eBay and the power output stage had blown, but none the less I got a full refund including delivery).

After researching the 3805 and being put off by the lack of a gold model (as well as the inability to bypass digital circuitry - which plagues even the top end AVC-A11SR @ £1800!) I moved finally to the Rotel 1068/1075 combo and have yet to invest my money.

Can anyone give me a UK price for the pair?

If only I could buy from th US and import - the pound is so strong at the moment I could get so much more for the money - i.e. 3 1070's instead of the 1075, alas this is not to be.

Comment

• Martinf
          • Oct 2003

Annex666,

I paid about £900 for the RSP-1066 and about £850 for the RMB-1075 from Sevenoaks. I guess the newer RSP-1068 will cost about £100 more or so.
          I'll be back!

Comment

• Victor Chan
            • Jan 2003

For high quality cables that won't bust the bank, you can try

www.bluejeanscables.com
            www.heartlandcables.com

Both come highly recommended. Personally use Heartland Cables myself and find the product to be excellent and Dan to be great to work with. If you want to buy local, Acoustic Research makes some decent stuff.

Comment

• aud19
              Twin Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2003

I would recommend supporting this forum's sponsors and check out Cat Cables which make excellent products exceeded only by their customer service. Doug will give you the cables you want based on your equipment, taste and budget.

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
              Jason

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"