X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CougarCruiser
    • Sep 2005

Thinking about the 1068/1075 Combo?

I had a chance to visit my local Rotel dealer today. WOW was I amazed. I've been thoroughly happy with my Sony ES receiver, past experience with Harman Kardon, and generally budget-friendly hifi equipment.

I feel the bug coming though... I saw the 1068/1075 and auditioned them with a set of B&W speakers. Man... better than anything I've ever heard.

So now I want them. But I'm a bit worried -- do I wait for HDMI units to come out? Is the upgrade to the 1098 worth itor am I ok with a 1068 for 5 channel surround? Is 120X5 enough power?

As for speakers... I have a set of Martin Logan's that I like now, but I am working on a new theater/guy room and will be going with a set of B&W 600 series setup...

Thoughts? Aside from Audiogon, is there any other place that sells "lightly used" or demo equipment that I can trust? Apparently, I don't have enough posts to list a "wanted" ad in the pawn shop here...

If I buy new -- should I try for a discount? Right now, the 1068 and 1075 are right about $3k + tax. What's a fair discount to shoot for?

Ideas?
  • arrow
    • Mar 2005

Well as some one currently listening the the combo you are considering i like it alot. It is clear and sounds great it is a great pairing and with B&W i would say it will just be supurb and my dad was able to pick the pair up with tax for under 3k it was a rather good deal when he bought them in pairing.

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Originally posted by CougarCruiser
      So now I want them. But I'm a bit worried -- do I wait for HDMI units to come out?
      Well, the new 1098 won't be out until the end of the year and then the other units usually follow 2-4 months down the road. So expect to wait at least a year, that's a long year to miss enjoying good sound.

Is the upgrade to the 1098 worth itor am I ok with a 1068 for 5 channel surround? Is 120X5 enough power?
      I would say with you going with the 600 series you should be fine with the 1068. 120x5 is plenty for the 600's.

Thoughts? Aside from Audiogon, is there any other place that sells "lightly used" or demo equipment that I can trust? Apparently, I don't have enough posts to list a "wanted" ad in the pawn shop here...
      Well there's always Ebay. Just use the usual precautions. If you would like to post a wanted ad, PM me with details.

If I buy new -- should I try for a discount? Right now, the 1068 and 1075 are right about $3k + tax. What's a fair discount to shoot for?

Ideas?
      Always try for a discount. 10% seems to be the most common discount. If you get the speakers and Rotel stuff at the same time you might have better luck negotiating more then that.

Have fun!

Kevin D.

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

As for the HDMI, there's still newer verions of it being finalized so even buying something with HDMI now won't guarantee compatibility with future versions of it. Also Rotel will be releasing a scaler/switcher with HDMI I/O's that will go nicely with your 1068/1075

The 1075 should be plenty of power for the 600's, Rotel actually rates it's amps accurately unlike most mass market gear, ie: Rotel 100W rating = 100-110W, mass market 100W rating = usually somewhere between 60-90W measured :roll:

You should be able to get 10% on the Rotel gear sometimes 15-20% if you're lucky. Speakers you should be able to get 20-25%
        Jason

Comment

• DelRay
          • Jun 2004

One good thing about buying new is the warranty. I'm not sure if Rotel has a transferable warranty. I would think that $2700 would be a decent price. I picked up the RSP1068/RMB1075/RB1070 for $3200 total. Do you live in the U.S.?

Comment

• CougarCruiser
            • Sep 2005

Is Rotel known to have quality issues over time?

I don't think a 10% discount would be too tough to get... I'd really like to get 15%... that would be super sweet!

Comment

• CLUZO
              • Dec 2005

Is Rotel known to have quality issues over time?

I don't think a 10% discount would be too tough to get... I'd really like to get 15%... that would be super sweet!
              I 'm totally agree with you. I realise that here in Quebec Province (Canada) it's easy to get 10 - 15 % of discount. The problem is even with this discount we aren't near any good price. Retailers in our Province need to sharpen their pen !

CLUZO

Comment

• Sim reality
                • Aug 2005

Originally posted by CLUZO
                I 'm totally agree with you. I realise that here in Quebec Province (Canada) it's easy to get 10 - 15 % of discount. The problem is even with this discount we aren't near any good price. Retailers in our Province need to sharpen their pen !

CLUZO
                Sorry about hijacking the thread but anyone know what is with the Canadian prices for Rotel?

MSRP for a RSX-1056 is $2000 Cdn but $1300 US! The exchange rate right now is 84 cents US to the Canadian dollar! I feel like I need to drive down to the states now just to buy electronics!

Comment

• BlazeMaster
                  • May 2004

I know that for my dealer, they offer a upgrade program which I'd love to take advantage of, but that means that I must pay MSRP on everything that I do get from them.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"