New 1068/1075 owner! I've got questions...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • resperc
    • May 2004

New 1068/1075 owner! I've got questions...

Just came home with my new gear (1068/1075). I won't get to hook them up for almost 2 weeks (leaving on vacation). However, I am still very excited. This should be a HUGE upgrade from my 3 yr old Onkyo reciever.

I do have some questions. I hooked up the 1068 to verify which software it was running. It has version 1.1.3 installed. How hard is it to do the update yourself? Should the dealer handle this? Does anyone have any advice/hints on doing the update? Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks, resperc

PS - Thanks to all who participate in this forum. This forum and the members helped answer a lot of questions.
    Last edited by resperc; 09 July 2004, 16:23 Friday. Reason: better title
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

I'd say, seen as how you're going on vacation for two weeks, take it in to your dealer, let them do it and pick it up after your vacation. If you have a fairly decent set of computing skills it not really all that difficult but with you not being there anyways you may as well take the easy way out :B

Jason
    Jason

Comment

• AnyWhere
      • Jul 2004

Speaking of firmware. I just checked my 1068 and it came with 1.1.7. I thought that 1.1.4 was the latest. Or am I missing something here?

Comment

• resperc
        • May 2004

According to the info I can gather from the Rotel website 1.1.7 is the latest upgrade. I could be missing something, but I believe this is correct. There is a link on the website that says "downlowds". Look there and you should find it too. resperc

Comment

• AnyWhere
          • Jul 2004

Seems like the US version of the web site is updated more often.

US: http://www.rotel.com/support/techups...ater-index.htm
          Global: http://europe.rotel.com/support/tech...ater-index.htm

That explains it

Comment

• resperc
            • May 2004

I have a friend who is an internet/computer guru and we were able to do the upgrade w/o a hitch. I now have 1.1.7 installed on my new 1068. Too bad I don't have the time to hook it up. Oh well... :rofl:

I will post my impressions when I get it all "up-and-runnin'". resperc

Comment

• aud19
              Twin Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2003

No worries then ... So how tempted are you to take it with you on vacation, just so you can play with it? :P :lol:

Jason
              Jason

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"