X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • keiron99
    • Mar 2004

1066 & RB985 - too quiet

I've just built a new system, comprising the RSP 1066, RB985 Mk 2 and Dynaudio 42 speakers all round. I'm amazed at how quiet the system is. I'm never one for high volumes, and I know the Dynaudios aren't the most effiecient speakers but I'm amazed to find myself listening at MAX volume, and I wouldn't say it sounds loud.
    Is the amp underpowered for my speakers, or am I missing something in the settings?
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Just one quick thought. Have you calibrated your speakers utilizing an SPL meter? If not you may wish to try this option.

Hope this helps,

Azeke

Comment

• eelco74
      • Dec 2002

I own the RB985MKII + RB-981 as well, and it drives Jmlab speakers. The rears are still Tannoy's M1, and they are just as efficient as you Dynaudio's.

Dynaudio is less efficient, but only about 2 Db less than average. It is not like old Rogers like 85Db/W/m.

Your 985 should produce more than enough power. Try to recalibrate your speakerlevel using a Db meter.

Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
      Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
      Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"