Dynaudio Focus 140 - I have my own Jazz bar...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boombox
    • Oct 2005

Dynaudio Focus 140 - I have my own Jazz bar...

I just read the post in A/V Chalet about LPs vs CDs....

Vinyl (or analogue)? Thanks but no thanks....

I've just received my new pair of Dynaudio Focus 140 stand-mounts (I have them for 5 days now) and last night they disappeared while I was listening to Maxwell's 1996 "Whenever Wherever Whatever" recording on CD. For the health conscious, please close your eyes...with a Jonny Walker in my left hand and a Camel in my right, Maxwell stood 3 meters away from me, about 1.5m tall, with the guitarist slightly to his right and about 1.5m behind him. By the time the bass came in, I myself was not sure if I was at home or sitting in my own Jazz bar...

The Dynaudios are incredible. They take my crappy old mid-hi-fi gear and make gems out of them. Suddenly my CD player did not seem that bad, my pre-amp seems more than adequit and my amp seems to have enough low end "torque" or grunt, if I can call it that, to hold low impedance demands.

This is by no means a difficult speaker to drive and it seems to get better by the day (they clock about 5 - 7 hours of run in per day). Smooth, warm, laid-back, add your own words here, you can call it what you want, but the thing is, when my Jonny was done, the CD was done. I then hit the "eject" on my remote, swopped CDs, "Earl Klugh & Bob James", ordered a beer this time from my fridge, sat back in my chair, hit the "close" on my remote and had a new band on the stage......

It was what I was looking for.........
    Regards :T,

Boom....a.k.a...."The Box"
  • BTB
    • Jan 2006

Well, I've shared my congrats in person already, but for what it's worth out here on the forum... Nice one. Wishing you many years of happy listening! :T

Comment

• chinets
      • Jun 2005

Another Happy Camper!!!
      Enjoy and congrats Boombox!!!
      I especially like that drinking part!!! Cheers and a Toast for you..You deserve it!!
      God Bless and enjoy your mesmerizing Music!!
      Have Fun, and don't drive your car, just those speakers, Man!!
      Cheers!!

Comment

• Boombox
        • Oct 2005

Thanks dudes,

BTB will be allowing me to dump his new Consonance amp between them on the weekend.

This will be a good and bad thing to do....

Good - hear how they sound with more and clean power from a top quality amp....

Bad - there is no money right now to get a new amp.......I hope I'll be able to sleep thereafter.....
        Regards :T,

Boom....a.k.a...."The Box"

Comment

• ShadowZA
          Super Senior Member
          • Jan 2006

Way to go, Boombox :T

The only thing that you need now ... is the most comfortable chair out there.

Enjoy, man!
          Enjoy the weekend too.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"