X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sirbogey
    • Mar 2006

RSX 1055: sudden sound problems when turning on the unit

Has anybody come across this? I've had the RSX1055 for 4y plus, running without any glitch. 1 Month ago, I hooked up the DVD with a 12V trigger cable. Don't know if this relates to my problem or not.

Last week, suddenly, when I turned the Rotel on (before turning on anything else), it started to pass some strange "ticking" noise to the speakers, pretty much every second, or slightly faster. :M Don't know how to describe it, it's like a hum, but at short intervals, something like "tick" "tick" "tick"... Quite annoying. If cable TV was on, you could hear both, the normal TV at normal volume plus the noise.

This irritating ticking noise would continue until I turned off the receiver. I disconnected the 12V trigger from the Rotel, but left it inside the DVD 1060 to no avail. After random tries, turning the receiver on and off, the 1055 would finally turn on without that noise after like 12 tries. I tried this for couple of days.

Finally, I unplugged the 12V trigger completely and let the receiver run for 48 hours. The noise is gone now. :rofl:

Any thoughts?
  • chinets
    • Jun 2005

12V triggers in all Rotel equipment have been known to cause noise and problems!!Don't know why and beats me.
    I just know many Rotel owners with 12V trigger that have one problem or another especially noise and other weird stuff!!!!!!!
    Good Luck,
    Chinets

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Originally posted by chinets
      12V triggers in all Rotel equipment have been known to cause noise and problems!!Don't know why and beats me.
      I just know many Rotel owners with 12V trigger that have one problem or another especially noise and other weird stuff!!!!!!!
      Good Luck,
      Chinets

First I've seen of this in all my time here. The RB1080 blows a fuse when using the trigger with certain setups, but causing noise is a new one. I'm sorry you and your friend had problems with Rotel, but this is second blanket statement you've made bashing Rotel today.

Bogey,

Usually a rhythmic ticking is caused by other appliances in the house causing interference in the electrical system. It certainly could be transferred to the 1055 through the 12v trigger cable, but I highly doubt it's the cause. Have you purchased any other appliances for the house lately? Humidifier, fan, new fridge, etc?

Kevin D.

Comment

• sirbogey
        • Mar 2006

Unfortunately, haven't bought anything else for quite a while. But it wouldn't surprise if there's something wrong with the electronics in my apartment. I've been living in the UK for almost 3y and in the current apartment for 2y. I've never ever lived in a country where so many things don't work or break constantly. I know it's a massive statement, but it's true. And I'm living in a 8y old apartment complex in London. Therefore quite new, compared to all the other historics. Imagine that you have to replace one of the 15 lightbulbs every 3-4 weeks; and no, they don't know how to fix this. But even with that in mind, the Rotel was ok for the last 3y. At least that noise is gone for now... And I haven't heard of many other people experiencing problems with the 12v trigger cable either.

Comment

• chinets
          • Jun 2005

Kevin D,
          No bashing of Rotel here. I have the Pre/Pro 1098 and the amp 1095 and the CD player 1072 and had the Rotel 1060 until the player went out on me and all 6 months NEW all this equipment.
          I love Rotel and the sound of Rotel and the Price of Rotel. I am just commenting on my friend and my experience with Rotel as we have lots of equipment from this company ,so I have had a few experiences here and there.
          Please I will never Bashed Rotel. That was a hurtfull comment from you ,being that you don't know me, or what I have in equipment from Rotel ,or my true feelings about Rotel.
          Cheers,
          Chinets

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"