X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fred7
    • Jul 2004

Why is RMB-1075 priced so high on EBay

This is a kind of strange question but does anybody know why the RMB-1075 Amplifier sells for so much $$ on EBay? I've seen them go for more than $1400 there recently. There's one listed right now with a Buy It Now price of $1149. Don't they list for $999? I'm not looking to buy one but I sold one over a year ago and happened to notice this trend and was wondering if I'm missing something.
  • DSGCobra
    • Feb 2003

if that is the case there will be a 1095 on ebay tonight.

Comment

• Clepto
      • Feb 2006

Maybe people snapping up thinking that digital amps are going to be replacing all of Rotel's line...

Comment

• ahcryky
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Fred7
        This is a kind of strange question but does anybody know why the RMB-1075 Amplifier sells for so much $$ on EBay? I've seen them go for more than $1400 there recently. There's one listed right now with a Buy It Now price of $1149. Don't they list for $999? I'm not looking to buy one but I sold one over a year ago and happened to notice this trend and was wondering if I'm missing something.
        That's funny........ I saw the same amp on there. I was going to email the guy who actually bid that high, but I'm seeing a scam! The seller is a pawn shop and the bidder that bid it up that high, after looking at the feedback of the seller, the bidder's account name was all over their feedback! So don't fall for it.

-jim

Comment

• gd
          • Jan 2003

Know your market.

Real-world bluebook asking prices can be found on Audiogon.

I doubt that there will any 'run' on Rotel analog power amps... and they haven't officially discontinued any of them yet, except possibly the RB1090.
          greg (gd to you)
          Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
          production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

• Fred7
            • Jul 2004

I guess that maybe a few people got ripped off or some other kind of scam is going on. Just like 'ahcryky' I was thinking of emailing some of these people being ripped off but maybe it's a scam on both ends - buyer and seller as has been suggested. The funny thing is that I guess these auctions can get out of hand. The 1075 I sold over a year ago went for somewhere around $850 and I think I paid $810. I think the list price was $900 when I bought mine and that may explain why I got so much - the list price increased to $999. It may sound kind of strange but I sometimse feel like telling people overbidding on my own stuff to settle down and just buy it cheaper at a dealer! I kind of feel bad when I sell something for more than it's worth.

Comment

• IntegrateMe
              • May 2004

However, isn't it possible that non-US citizens are buying?

Isn't the RMB-1075 more expensive in various European countries?

Now I'm really thinking about upgrading my RMB-1075!!!

Barry

Comment

• lazermike
                • Jul 2003

Havent you heard that its worth what the market will bear? Your just not into scamming the uninformed. However, theres a guy who just offered one up on Audiogon for 650. I bought mine 3 years ago for 800, and they still average around 700 to 750. Ive pretty much given ebay up for deals on audiophile goodies, Audiogon is the way to go.

Comment

• Club1820
                  • Jan 2006

yes, lately the uninformed have been inflating prices on Ebay. If you are looking to buy, as suggested - go to audiogon. Vice versa, looking to sell - EBAY!
                  Rotel 1068, Rotel 1060, Rotel 1055, Rotel 1095, Rotel 956, Rotel RLC-1040, M&K VX-860 Sub, Whatmough M30s, Squeezebox 3

Comment

• ahcryky
                    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by IntegrateMe
                    However, isn't it possible that non-US citizens are buying?

Isn't the RMB-1075 more expensive in various European countries?

Now I'm really thinking about upgrading my RMB-1075!!!

Barry
                    I'm not sure how much they are even "brand new" out of the country, but still seems a bit steep. Both the seller and supposed buyer were both from the U.S. on that auction that ended at $1414 plus the $60 shipping. But like I said, I think it was a scam, with the one user bidding it up that has a ton of feedback on each other and two of the user id's being created during the duration of the auction......... so like always buyer beware! And that was a really extreme price increase compared to others that have been on there recently because if you do a search for the last month they have been from $405 - $875.

-jim

Comment

• Elvis
                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by ahcryky
                      I'm not sure how much they are even "brand new" out of the country, but still seems a bit steep. Both the seller and supposed buyer were both from the U.S. on that auction that ended at $1414 plus the $60 shipping. But like I said, I think it was a scam, with the one user bidding it up that has a ton of feedback on each other and two of the user id's being created during the duration of the auction......... so like always buyer beware! And that was a really extreme price increase compared to others that have been on there recently because if you do a search for the last month they have been from $405 - $875.

-jim
                      ehh...you must be lookin' at another ebay.Several units sold over $1k(one buyer at $1199+80 shippin',100% feedback since 2002).The cheapest was $760 plus shipping,the $405 was cancelled cause he prolly got a good offer.

Of course most paid too much but its the ebay way.I'd never ask more than I'd want to pay myself but if you offer/bid more,then.....

Comment

• badboyspack
                        • May 2006

Watch for the 1095 being up there alot since they were discontinued.
                        Tom
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        Klipsch RF-7's mains
                        Klipsch RC-7 center
                        Klipsch RB-75's surrounds
                        :heh:

Comment

• ahcryky
                          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Elvis
                          ehh...you must be lookin' at another ebay.Several units sold over $1k(one buyer at $1199+80 shippin',100% feedback since 2002).The cheapest was $760 plus shipping,the $405 was cancelled cause he prolly got a good offer.

Of course most paid too much but its the ebay way.I'd never ask more than I'd want to pay myself but if you offer/bid more,then.....
                          My point was if you are not informed and shop around for something that at the MOST is $999 Brand New, then go ahead, get scammed. I was giving an idea what they were going for, there was 2 that went for $1k out of like seven that have been on there in the last couple weeks.

Comment

• Club1820
                            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by badboyspack
                            Watch for the 1095 being up there alot since they were discontinued.
                            ???? When was the 1095 discontinued?
                            Rotel 1068, Rotel 1060, Rotel 1055, Rotel 1095, Rotel 956, Rotel RLC-1040, M&K VX-860 Sub, Whatmough M30s, Squeezebox 3

Comment

• Mark_C.
                              • Jan 2003

Gee, I just spoke to my dealer who told me that Rotel has no plans to discontinue either the RMB 1095 or the RMB 1075.

Comment

• Fred7
                                • Jul 2004

I'm always very careful and educate myself on prices before bidding on EBay. I've gotten some great deals there but it seems that mostly people get ripped off. I usually only buy things that I can't get anywhere else there. Is it possible that some of the people paying these excessive prices just don't have Rotel dealers near them? Rotel doesn't allow mail order sales so if you don't have a Rotel dealer close by it might just be better to get one on EBay even if you have to pay more - it may be their only option.

Comment

• sirbogey
                                  • Mar 2006

I've been following Rotel prices on ebay occasionally for 2 years and sold stuff I don't need on it for the last 5 years. I rarely buy anything anymore, there are so many scammers lurking on ebay; items advertised as brand new, with original packaging etc; all you receive is a refurbished scratched item.. been there, done that. Always check sellers feedback. There are honest sellers, with a long history and 100% positive rating.

Biddings get often out of hand, with people completely over-bidding items. To give you the most recent example. I bought Dual Channel RAM for my Pc for £187 incl VAT of 17% and shipping of £5. I had to sell it on ebay 2 months later because I found out that it wasn't compatible with my mobo, and the company I bought it from would only exchange it if returned within 30 days. The RAM has lifelong warranty. Guess what, I sold it used, opened, but in good condition on ebay and got £187 back! I could hardly believe it...

For second hand Rotel all I can suggest is audiogon in the US! Unfortunately, I haven't come across audiogon in Europe, therefore many buyers turn to ebay. I noticed that the supply of second hand Rotel gear on ebay is not that big in Europe. That would explain certain bidding wars...

Comment

• IntegrateMe
                                    • May 2004

The RMB-1075 that sold yesterday ended at $910.

That does it for me; I'm selling and upgrading to an Anthem Statement A5.

I would love to grab an RMB-1095, but it won't fit in my rack!!

Comment

• style
                                      Super Senior Member
                                      • Feb 2006

Europa Rotel Price

Hallo,

In Switzerland and germany too Rotels have another Prices.
                                      ex.
                                      RMB 1075 chf. 2590.- = $ 2000 ca.
                                      RMB 1095 chf. 4350.- = $ 3400 ca.
                                      RMB 1077 chf. 3750.- = $ 2900 ca.
                                      RB 1092 chf. 2590.- = $ 2000.- ca

:huh:

Style

Comment

Working...
                                      Searching...Please wait.
                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                      Search Result for "|||"