New Rotel Power Conditioners in Store Yet?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Club1820
    • Jan 2006

New Rotel Power Conditioners in Store Yet?

Has anyone seen these in store yet? If they are out, has anyone purchased?

I am looking to purchase the 1040 model but not sure if they are out yet. They were supposed to be shipped in the spring.

Thanks!
    Rotel 1068, Rotel 1060, Rotel 1055, Rotel 1095, Rotel 956, Rotel RLC-1040, M&K VX-860 Sub, Whatmough M30s, Squeezebox 3
  • miner
    • Mar 2005

Any idea of retial prices? How would these units compare to Panamx units? I need an AC PC but am unsure what to get that won't break the bank (like a Richard Grey). Monster certainly out of the question.

Comment

• Club1820
      • Jan 2006

the 1040 is supposed to retail for $499. I forget what the 1080 is going to retail for. But quite alot more because it will have a battery backup.

Both are power conditioners/regulators/surge protectors.
      Rotel 1068, Rotel 1060, Rotel 1055, Rotel 1095, Rotel 956, Rotel RLC-1040, M&K VX-860 Sub, Whatmough M30s, Squeezebox 3

Comment

• Club1820
        • Jan 2006

almost forgot -these are APC units specifically made for Rotel.

Comment

• Clepto
          • Feb 2006

They're basically rebadged APC models, so check out APC's website, to get an idea on the pricing... They of course have the Rotel appearance upgrade, but the guts are probably the same.

Comment

• Boone38
            • Dec 2004

I have one on order but it is not in the stores yet. I bought the 1040 and the retail is 499.00. The bigger one has battery back up. Not sure of the retail.

I have called Rotel and they indicate they will ship any day now. My thoughts are that they are waiting for a certain timing and will ship in a few weeks.

Comment

• Clepto
              • Feb 2006

Suggested retails for the currently shipping APC line are S15/S15BLK, $1499; S10/S10BLK, $1299; SBATT/SBATTBLK, $499; H15/H15BLK, $399; H10/H10BLK, $299

Comment

• aud19
                Twin Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2003

I think it was up closer to $1500+/- for the 1080.
                Jason

Comment

• Eastcoast
                  • Jun 2006

Power conditioners

These will be shipping to dealers in about two weeks (June 15). RLC1040 is $499. RLC1080 is $1599.

Comment

• miner
                    • Mar 2005

Rotel told me they will ship at end of June:

Hi Kevin,
                    We are expecting the RLC1040 and 1080 to begin shipping at the end of June. Let me know if you have any other questions.
                    Kerry Ford
                    Rotel Marketing

Comment

• ICEMAN70
                      • Apr 2006

I heard from my dealer end of June also. I just talked to them. I have one on order.

Comment

• scanido
                        • Apr 2006

Can anyone explain what's wrong with the Monster Products?

Comment

• ml360
                          • Jan 2006

Yeah,monster power conditioners are JUNK!I myself is waiting for the arrival of Rotel Line Conditioners.

Comment

• Audiophiliac
                            • Apr 2006

Monster is a bad word to me...after reading about all the garbage about them trying to shut down anyone with Monster in their business name, and just all the hype, its just not for me.

And on another note, you can set the Monster surge protectors/power conditioners on fire pretty easily. Just send some voltage up the cable line or phone line going through one and see what happens. Do this outside or where you dont want to ruin anything with flames or smoke.

Get a Panamax or Rotel or Richard Gray.

Comment

• lazermike
                              • Jul 2003

I went through two monster 3500mk 2's, both broke. I got the deal of the week last month, got an Rotel RLC 900 for 60 bucks to my door. It was rated an 8, cleaned it up and it looked to be a 9, put it in, and smiled. The nice people at monster sent me a new unit, it went on audiogon, sold almost instantly, and Ill never go there again. I think my belkin powerstrip worked better than the POC monster.

Comment

• M Z
                                • Sep 2003

I bought and received mine 2 weeks ago. Works great and looks awesome along with the rest of my rotel gear.

Comment

• scanido
                                  • Apr 2006

Can anyone post pics of one of these in action? I know it's on the Rotel site but it always is better seeing one in a real setting!

Comment

• aud19
                                    Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                    • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Audiophiliac
                                    Get a Panamax or Rotel or Richard Gray.
                                    Or APC
                                    Jason

Comment

• Nolan B
                                      Super Senior Member
                                      • Sep 2005

if rotel is charging $1800 for a unit then i think you would be crazy to not look at Richard Grey. Yes RG doesnt have a back up battery or the rotel face plate, but there are some fundimental diffferences that makes RG better over all other power conditioning products on the market.

Noticing any effect from a power condition was a huge doubt to me, but when i bought a Pure AV power conditioner the video from my RDV 1060 imediatly cleaned up. I took power conditioners more serious and after trying a RG unit from my dealer for a week i gladly paid the $1,500. Now I can say that i not only notice a difference in having a power conditioner and not having one, b ut also the difference between one over the other.

I will admit i really wish Rotel partnered with RG over APC so my RG would match my equipment

Comment

• Club1820
                                        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by M Z
                                        I bought and received mine 2 weeks ago. Works great and looks awesome along with the rest of my rotel gear.
                                        MZ, can you post some pics?

Comment

Working...
                                        Searching...Please wait.
                                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                        Search Result for "|||"