X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RoMan
    • Jan 2007

Rlc 1040/rlc 1080

Hi all,

I was just wondering if Rotel still makes these power conditioners? I haven't seen them on their website but it doesn't mean they don't make them anymore. I am considering buying a used one for 450 Cdn. Any thoughts? Its a demo model at an audio store. Is this close to MRSP. Thanks in advance all for your thoughts and comments.

RoMan.
    :T
  • RoMan
    • Jan 2007

Hi all,

Waiting for any replies. I'm just looking for opinions, thoughts on pulling the trigger on a used RLC 1040. It's being sold for 450.00 which is 49.00 less than the MRSP. Its a floor demo model. I want to make him a reasonable offer but I don't think its worth 450.00. Any suggestions? Much appreciated all.

RoMan

Comment

• srb
      • Oct 2004

I paid $450 (US) for a brand new one ~ 4 years ago. I have seen used ones occasionally on Audiogon listed between $300 and $400. A "floor demo" is a used piece of equipment so I think somewhere between $325 to $375 is a reasonable selling price.

If it is cosmetically and functionally perfect, has the original packing and the dealer is willing to extend 90 days warranty protection, it could be worth closer to the $375.

Steve

Comment

• RoMan
        • Jan 2007

Thanks for the input Steve. I agree with you about 375.00. He didnt say anything about reasonable offers but I seen another piece of Rotel equipment on the same site from them and the ad said they would be willing to accept reasonable offers. Also the company is taking into account time and money to make the sale. More so the salesmans time and commission as I believe posting on the site is free. So little overhead.

So, I think I may see if he'll bite at 375.00. Thanks for your input. Much appreciated.

RoMan

Comment

• miner
          • Mar 2005

The RLC-1040 is basically the same unit as the APC H15. I have both units and prefer the APC becuase when we have power failures and the power comes back on the RLC-1040 powers on all of the attached equipment; the APC does not. Also, I was able to get a new APC H15 for $129.

Comment

• madmac
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2010

I don't want to come across as a high end audio poo-pooer here but I really cannot accept the concept of a 'power conditioner'. I do accept and believe in a good surge protector however. You guys have got to be realistic and do a proper blindfold test with these gadgets connected and then removed. It's not that they are a bad thing or 'hurt' the sound but, I would be surprised in a contolled blindfold test that you would hear a difference. $375 bucks warrants a chance to evaluate it. If you buy it, ask them if you can try it and return it if not satisfied.

Disclaimer!!--- I've never used one, but that's because I truly believe they don't make a major difference in sound if any!.
            Dan Madden :T

Comment

• lastexit
              • Feb 2011

If you do decide to purchase the power conditioner, I'd recommend swapping out the stock power cable. I don't recall hearing any real noticeable sonic upgrade upon my installation of the RLC-1040, but I recently upgraded the unit's power cord (nothing super expensive) to the wall and it was a big improvement. Everything snapped into focus -- channel separation improved, subtle details became instantly recognizable and the whole spectrum evened out in a good way.

Give the RLC-1040 a try and let us know what you think!

Comment

• RoMan
                • Jan 2007

Thanks all for your comments. I know this will sound like I'm mad saying this but "to each his own". Another reason I wanted to purchase the RLC 1040 because it will match aesthetically to my Rotel setup now. I have seen an APC H10 for 99.99 Cdn but they were out of stock on TigerDirect.ca also the H15 was out of stock. Not sure what the H15 it was going cause it didn't say on their website but I will bite the bullet and see what I get with the Rotel RLC 1040. Hopefully its not a lemon. That's my only concern. I have yet to hear from the dealer but will let the Club Rotel know what I think of this power conditioner. Stay tuned everybody and more comments are most welcome. Thanks again for the comments CR members. Much appreciated.

RoMan

Comment

• RoMan
                  • Jan 2007

Quick update. The deal fell through. He countered 400.00 Cdn plus tax and normal Canada Post shipping. I felt shipping should not be an issue and I preferred FedEx to ship sensitive gear. It is a discontinued product and I had no pictures to see it so regardless I was taking a risk and taxing a used item..what???..I thought there would be no tax..whatever. I will wait for another opportunity and who knows I may try for an APC H15 if it is the same and cheaper. Thanks for all your input CR members. It helped.

RoMan

Comment

• jam200
                    • Jan 2009

APC 15 is great

I have the Rotel 1040 RLC and Four APC H15s. The APCs were less costly and are the same as the Rotel unit, except for the fronts. They come in Silver or Black.

I use them as UPS/Surge Protectors for all of my Hi-Fi equipment including my TV. Hope this helps.

Comment

• RoMan
                      • Jan 2007

Thanks jam200. Much appreciated. I need to find a Canadian dealer for the APC H15. Do you notice a difference in Video or audio quality vs what surge protectors you used before you got the APC H15's. I wonder why Rotel stopped making the RLC 1040 and 1080 power conditioners? I'm sure they would've still sold pretty steady. But guess they didnt think so. Thanks for your input.

RoMan

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"