X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stevebez
    • Oct 2003

RSP 1066 - Reseting on its own!

8O
    Wierd one this... watching Saving Nemo and whammo - 1066 suddenly seems to activate a software factory reset - by itself. All names for V1, V2 etc inputs, time delays, etc, etc are lost.

While writing this the system just switched off!!! And no I was not watching twilight zone. Culpirt of all this appears to be a loose power cord. I hope thats all - will update you on this if the reset happens again. Anyone else experience anything similar?

Regards Steve
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

I've had a couple 1055's that do a factory reset when the power toggled off/on serveral times quickly.. A battery backup sovled it from happening again. So a loose power cord would probably do the same (bass causing quick toggles of power).

Kevin D.

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2003

Steve,

My (Australian) dealer encourages replacing any loose fitting Rotel (or other brand) cords with some low cost reasonable quality tight fitting ones - better sound, less virbation prone, less prone to pull out, etc

Worth a thought - they are a standard buy - you just need the plug end to go into the Processor or Amp to be a tight fit (no wobble).

Geoff

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"