X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slyther3
    • Apr 2006

Brain Fried........ Pioneer, Denon, Rotel, or Other

Argh!.......... I ordered a 1067 and while waiting I have talked to some other so called Audiophlie Freaks ...... I am not as well read as most of you on Electronics at this point. The feedback I am getting is that I ought to buy Pioneers Elite 59txi thier flagship, The Denon 4806, Onkyo nr 1000. The argument is HDMI switching and features. I love the sound of the Rotel but is it in your humble opinions the way to go. I want to be around 2500. to 3000 for the reciever or less even. As far as SACD goes what seems to play with Rotel the Best. Any rec's on a website that I could do some comparisons on these recievers..... I heard outlaw was good too. and several others... Tired of this crap......... Thanks again for your time and experience...
    Peace from ARIZONA
    Csk
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Get a 1057, it has less power but has HDMI. Then if you feel you need more power you can add a 1075 or a 2-ch amp Rotel equipment is known to be MUCH better in regards to music, particularly 2-ch. If however you value features over sound quality, by all means pick up something from the mass market companies.....
    Jason

Comment

• gd
      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by aud19
      Rotel equipment is known to be MUCH better in regards to music... If however you value features over sound quality, by all means pick up something from the mass market companies.....
      On the nose-y.

I say take ownership of your 1067 and enjoy it.

HDMI standards are not finalized, and if your intention is to have the utmost convenient switching capability in a single-cable hookup that carries both audio and video -- you're looking at a 1-2 year wait.

Meanwhile, get yourself a Marantz DV-7600 universal player, which features DVD-A, SACD -- and HDMI outputs, which can connect directly to your TV (if so equipped) for the video portion.

PS -- initial feedback suggests that video quality of HDMI connex compared to Component connex is marginally better at best.

So don't sweat HDMI... it's still in development... let the early adopters worry about it.

The fact that you mentioned SACD says you're interested in music, and that's where Rotel shines.
      greg (gd to you)
      Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
      production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

• nikos
        • Dec 2005

Like Aud19 said the 1057 should be your best fit. Rotel sound and HDMI.

Like everyone is saying picture quality wise you wont be benefiting much if any with HDMI over component. Soundwise you'll be getting the Rotel sound....

The true value in todays version of HDMI is in a scenario like mine where my projector is far far away from speakers and players....running one single video feed over HDMI 1.1 for DirecTV, DVD, Xbox, VCR, PC etc is why I kept it a high priority. Not only does it cut my costs in the video cables ...but on my speaker wires too...not needing to have my setup too far from them....

Nikos
        Classe SSP-800, Classe CA-5200, B&W 803D, B&W HTM2D, JL Audio Fathom f113 Subwoofer, Rotel RMB-1077(for sale), Oppo DV-983H, Panasonic PT-AE900U Xbox360, Sony PS3, Samsung 8000 Series 55" LCD, Klipsch promedia 5.1 ultra for PC

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

I'll also add that the initial HD-DVD/BluRay players will decode and send the decoded HD-DD/DTS audio tracks via HDMI 1.1/1.2. So in that case HDMI is helfull as well. You'll still have to wait for HDMI 1.3 for the receiver or pre/pro to do the decoding though.
          Jason

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

The 1057 has be described as having HDMI switching only. I'm not sure if it's even tied into the audio processor. I know it doesn't do any covnersion to or from HDMI.

Kevin D.

Comment

• aud19
              Twin Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2003

Good point Kevin! "Someone" should find out :W
              Jason

Comment

• nikos
                • Dec 2005

I will be finding out soon...and letting everyone know.

I decided to get the 1057 purely for HDMI video switching.

Its a compromise I was willing to make for the time being (until the 1099 comes out)

N
                Classe SSP-800, Classe CA-5200, B&W 803D, B&W HTM2D, JL Audio Fathom f113 Subwoofer, Rotel RMB-1077(for sale), Oppo DV-983H, Panasonic PT-AE900U Xbox360, Sony PS3, Samsung 8000 Series 55" LCD, Klipsch promedia 5.1 ultra for PC

Comment

• hifisponge
                  • Mar 2006

I've done a lot of research on the subject of prepros and AVRs with HDMI and I know for a fact that the Rotel is video switching only (no audio processing).

Comment

• aud19
                    Twin Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2003

I guess we'll have to wait for next gen units in that respect then.....
                    Jason

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"