X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bulitnv
    • Mar 2006

Can the 1095 handle 4ohm loads?

Just wondering, looking at a set of outdoor/party/DJ type speakers, wondering if the 1095 would do the trick.

Chris
  • Fishy
    • Jul 2004

Yes, it goes up to 330 Watts at 4 Ohms.

Fish

Comment

• bulitnv
      • Mar 2006

Would that be a max rating or continuous rating? If that is max, do you figure it could do about 220-250w continuous?

Chris

Comment

• RebelMan
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

The 330wpc 4ohm rating is continuous (possibly with only one channel driven). Some measurements put this at a more conservative 278wpc when two channels are driven. Other measurements have shown the 1095 to deliver 500wpc of continuous power (at clipping) and peak output power at around 575 watts. Suffice it to say, it's a tough amp.
        "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• grit
          • Jan 2005

I have one driving Aerial Acoustics. My 7b's up front are 4 ohm. I switched to it because the 1075 couldn't deliver enough power. I'm very pleased with the 1095's performace and ability to drive these speakers. Have no worries.

Comment

• bulitnv
            • Mar 2006

Will it run hotter this way?

Comment

• Fishy
              • Jul 2004

At a guess, yes. Like anything, the harder you work it, the more heat you will get.

Fish

Comment

• grit
                • Jan 2005

I can't answer that one because I've never run mine on a lighter load. It has about 2" clearance on top and the sides, and about 3" in the back. It does not run too hot to touch. In fact, my 1068 pre/pro runs hotter than the amp (and it has less clearance too).

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"