X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vsarathy
    • Oct 2003

Power Conditioner Suggestions for 1095

Could you guys offer me suggestions for power conditioners/surge protectors for my HT. Specifically, I intend to get a 1098/1095 and would like to connect them both to that unit. And, connecting the 1095 would, of course, require a conditioner with high-current ratings. BTW, what is the maximum current rating for the 1095?

I am looking at models like Monster HTS-2600, Panamax-5100. Are they any good? I don't want this thread to turn into a discussion about the topic of power conditioners and end up getting moved out of this forum Something like that happened a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks,
    Viji
  • vsarathy
    • Oct 2003

I check out Rotel's web site and gathered that Rotel makes AC line filter and power sequencer, RLC-1050 which is rated up to 15amps@120V/60Hz and sells for $499. Has anyone used this unit?

Even though they don't have a long line of power conditioners like Monster, Panamax etc., I guess one could argue that they know how to make one that suits all Rotel's A/V gear.

Viji

Comment

• inetguy
      • Sep 2003

After a lot of research, I ended up buying a Panamax 5100 when my Rotel dealer had a blowout sale on one. I have my 1066, 1075, dvd player, satellite receiver and tv plugged into it. I didn't (and still don't) notice any improvement in sound quality. Although, I don't live in a very urban area with a lot of power fluctuations and interference.

Several dealers talked about the Monster products being over hyped and over priced. One dealer (who didn't sell Rotel) highly recommended the Richard Gray Power Company products. However, it was hard to justify the cost of that - $700 just to "get started".

I figured that the $175 I spent on the 5100 would be fine for the time being. However, I will probably upgrade to something more substantial in the future.

Comment

• Joe M
        • Jun 2002

I also have a Panamax 5100. I have a 1095/1066 combo, cd, dvd player and a TV hooked up to it. I really don't think it improved my sound much. However, having had a TV and DVD player ruined during a storm it does give me piece of mind. Panamax also assured me that it would not limit the output of my amp at all, in my opinion I have found this to be true.

Comment

• ht_addict
          • Dec 2002

I would suggest you get the best mid level power conditioner/surge protector you can afford. Then have a dedicated line put in for you setup.

ht_addict

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

I would imagine a lot has to do with how poor the power is in your area as to how much if any improvement you'll hear from one of these units. Strickly as a surge protector though they should all work fine.

Comment

• Neal_C
              • Feb 2003

I would suggest having a dedicated 20 amp outlet installed, along with a whole house surge protector at your circuit box. I had two 20 amp outlets and an Intermatic whole house unit installed for about $200 (parts and labor). I plug my 1055/1075 combo into one, and my SVS PB2+ and Monster HTS 3600 into the other. I only use the Monster for my other equipment as a secondary measure. With the whole house unit, I feel safe having stuff plugged straight into the wall.

By the way, I had the Monster unit before I got the whole house unit installed, or else I might not own the Monster unit. But the wife got it for $350, so it wasn't all bad.

Neal

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"