X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FENDEBENDER
    • Sep 2005

1095 amp final here

Well my wait is over i just received my 1095 today even tho i just tried out a
    new mca 50 and it was big this think seem to way a ton. :E

I finally got it into the rack and all hooked up and started testing the rf 7 (see my post on rf7 paradigm)

Ill start out with the positives and go to neturals as there is no negatives other than its one heavy guy.

All the Pro's in here were right the 1095 has a very smooth range no shrillness
    the rf 7 now are not bright or harsh they have become very smooth while still retaining good detail and the amps just keeps going and it doesn't get anywhere near the temperature of the mca 50 although that was a great amp i thought it ran a little hot with a tight bass albeit not as deep as the 1095 the rf 7's love this amp. :T

As me and my wife listen, it did help some on harsh recording so this amp may not be the first choice for a laid back speaker and i love the dynamics and the sweet top end (I think the top end is just right im not for sure if a dean mod will be necessary i'll have to read a few more reviews) anyway i have been listen for about 3 hours on music and 1 hour on surrounds and it does have what it takes to play everything at reference levels at it gives you that extra grunt thats the difference in hearing and see a car wreck and being in that car wreck and it also moves you into the music which is its
    main goal in life good recording like steely Dan AJA in two channel and dts is
    one of the best i have heard.. :banana:

On the netural side i was using an old yamaha that was rated for about 100 watts into 2 channel drive 8 ohm 20 20k ,, the old way and it really does meet that rating and it had a low tight end but in reality a little bit boomy
    for me but nice and the rotel is tighter and more powerful but not as deep as i thought it would be compared to the receiver but it is truer bass if you know what i mean and the last think is i'm driving this with a Elite 56 txi receiver and on the mca 50 at 0 reference it was max an i think after that i was hearing the compression of the speakers or the amp was just starting to clip, but on the 1095 at 0 the spl is lower and i can go up on some songs to the max of the receiver (incredibly loud) and it still clean i guess i'm wondering if the pioneer can fully drive this beast the mca 50 resistance was 25 k per and the rotel is 33k per which could make for a slight mis match.

I am extremely happy with the amp and want to think everyone for there input.

If anyone has thought on the above i'd love to hear them.

I'll be doing some testing on the paradigh 100 ver 3 over the weekend, my first thought they sound even better and i will be doing some a/b test later.
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Congratulations Fendebender and welcome to Club Rotel.

Just ensure you calibrate your speakers and have delays set properly.

Enjoy your new toy and keep us posted.

Best regards,

Azeke

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

I'm on my fourth one so far. You will find that the neutrals will quickly disappear, and more and more pro's will arrive.

Just to clarify, I work for a dealer and get the opportunity to purchase one system, once a year. The 1095 is so great I just buy a new one every year...It's almost October, I wonder if they will have enough 1077's in stock for dealer accomodations...

Kevin D.

Comment

• ekkoville
        • Aug 2004

Great choice fenderbender, and continued good luck with it. I love my 1095, best choice so far. If only I could get the wife to agree to some RF7's. I'll keep trying.

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

I'll be quite interested to hear what you thinkg of your Paradigm 100's with the 1095. That's what I'd be staying with anyways
          Jason

Comment

• FENDEBENDER
            • Sep 2005

The 1095 is a laid back amplifier and as such it has tame the highs of the rf 7's which are slightly foward in my opinion i was wonder from those that have the 1080 or 1090 are they as laid back or more toward the neutral side of things. The 100 v3 paradigm are very neutral an with this amp i'd say it makes them to much so but they do have a great balance sound with great texture to them. So if anyone has compared 1095 to the above your thought would be appreciated.

Comment

• shadow
              • Dec 2003

Any experience out there with the 1095 and Martin Logan speakers?

Comment

• scient
                • Feb 2005

Hey Fenderbender, from your post in the Pawn Shop I see that you have decided to sell your Paradigms. Does this mean that you feel the RF7's sound better than the Studios 100's with your 1095?

Comment

• soundhound
                  • Mar 2004

FendeBender, I run a 1080 into RF7's, and what you drive the frontend with makes a huge difference. I get detail from the combo that I don't think could be achived with a non horned top end. The 7's are incredibly accurate for ht, and can be so true to form for 2 channel analog if the source is good. I have contemplated a different amp but think I would be hard pressed to equal the 1080's performance with the 7's w/o spending major $$$$, except maybe the 1090.

Comment

• FENDEBENDER
                    • Sep 2005

scient

THe 100 v3 are superb, i just have a large room 27 x 20 open up to another large room of the same and i doesn't quite fill the are any smaller room and they would have got the knod, you can't go wrong with either set.

Soundhound

Ya went with the 1095 8O and am very happy smooth with the elite 56 txi as a pre.

Comment

• Legairre
                      • Jan 2002

I'm a 1095 guy to and when I was shopping for new speakers I demoed the Paradigm 100 v.3 in my room with my 1095 and the sound was neutral to me too. I then demoed the 1095 with Monitor Audio Silver s10 speakers and the sound was more forward or bright. For me the MA S10 is a very nice match for the 1095. With the S10/1095 combo vocals reach out to you, while with the 100/1095 combo the vocals seem farhter away. Obviously I bought the MA s10
                      "What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"
                      Radden Home Theater

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"