X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slyther3
    • Apr 2006

Rotel Virgin Here

Greetings to all... I have just purchased a New HT. What a NIGHTMARE.. I have spent numerous hours trying to piece it all together.. I have settled on Paradigm Studio 100's, cc570, Studio 20's and a B&W Sub. My question is... I am going to invest in Rotel for the first time. I have read alot of your responses to other questions.... Should I go with a 1067 or the combo for similar dollars. Also should I wait for the new Model 1067.... I really appreciate all the feed back I have read to other Rotel Fanatics.... You guys are awesome! Any suggestions on Speaker wire....... THanks.... Csk. Does anyone else run with Paradigms.... :T
  • ICEMAN70
    • Apr 2006

Hi slyther,

Welcome. I am new here also. I have Paradigm Studio 60's v3 with 570cc and studio 20 V3's in the back. With my setup they sound great. I have the 1066 and the 1075. Bass is tight and highs are crystal clear.

You should go and Audition them together first. As for speaker wires i use Monster THX cables and Monster Banana plugs. They are 12 gauge.

Cheers,

Comment

• miner
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by slyther3
      Greetings to all... I have just purchased a New HT. What a NIGHTMARE.. I have spent numerous hours trying to piece it all together.. I have settled on Paradigm Studio 100's, cc570, Studio 20's and a B&W Sub. My question is... I am going to invest in Rotel for the first time. I have read alot of your responses to other questions.... Should I go with a 1067 or the combo for similar dollars. Also should I wait for the new Model 1067.... I really appreciate all the feed back I have read to other Rotel Fanatics.... You guys are awesome! Any suggestions on Speaker wire....... THanks.... Csk. Does anyone else run with Paradigms.... :T
      For speaker cables check out catcables. There is a link at the bottom of the page. Lex (Doug) is the owner of this site and has quality cables at an affordable price. Half the fun is shopping on his site.

Comment

• RebelMan
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

Welcome slyther! Nice to see another fellow Zonie on these boards.

The Paradigm Studios will sound great with any of Rotel's processors and amplifiers. The laid back and throaty nature of the Studios are balanced by the somewhat forward and slightly analytical Rotel receivers. For the money, and the fact that this is primarily a HT system for you, the RSX-1067 is well suited to drive the speakers you have in mind.

While I don't own any Paradigms, the Signature Series (S2's and S8's) were in contention for a place at my residence. I ultimately decided on the B&W 800 Series but it was a very, very close call and I had every intention on driving the Sigs with my current RSX-1056 which is a step below the more capable 1067.
        "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• slyther3
          • Apr 2006

Thanks for everyones reply... Much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"