X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • meltdown
    • Apr 2006

monster cables (REPAIR QUESTION)

Wondering if anyone might of done any repairs on a monster cable thx ultra 1000. I broke off one of the leads coming out of the rubber end.
  • gross30
    • Jun 2005

:T I think the only repair is replacing it with a Cat Cable !!!

Comment

• Bruce
      • Aug 2000

Agreed, monster cable is the garbage of the cable industry.
      Bruce

Comment

• audioqueso
        Super Senior Member
        • Nov 2004

Nothing really special about the end. Just cut the whole end off and reterminated it with the connection of your choice.
        B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Big-Al
          • Sep 2006

On the upside its lifetime warranty. A local retailer should replace it for you if not call Monstercable in SF and they will take care of you.

Comment

• gross30
            • Jun 2005

Bruce, I replaced every cable I had a few months ago. I was helped out with all the decisions on types etc., along w/what equipment I had. Very pleasureable and professional transaction. BTW, all of the cables that were replaced were the funny ones that started w/the letter "M"......dg

Comment

• meltdown
              • Apr 2006

I agree, if I had bought them, I'd be disappointed too. But I did'nt, they were purchased by a bud, and he said "try these", and like a dope I did. Now I have to replace something that I would'nt have bought in the first place. Maybe I'll just make a noose out of the broken one and kick the chair out from under me.

Comment

• gross30
                • Jun 2005

Meltdown, I was the great consumer and bought all my original cables simply on the knowledge from word of mouth and advertising, blah,blah blah. It cost me a lot of money, and believe me I learnt my lesson. I dont make purchases like that anymore, I like to research everything and take it from there. Hope you get a quick fix w/your problem and good luck....dg

Comment

• Azeke
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by meltdown
                  Wondering if anyone might of done any repairs on a monster cable thx ultra 1000. I broke off one of the leads coming out of the rubber end.
                  Meltdown,

Your best bet is to call support and request an RMA.

If not, contact Doug the owner of Cat Cables, great quality and good bang for the buck. Remember buy cheap, buy twice.

Also, just a humble reminder, you must limit your discussions on brand naming cables (please read the forum rules), since the Cat Cables is the owner of this forum. Good luck.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• Bruce
                    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by gross30
                    Bruce, I replaced every cable I had a few months ago. I was helped out with all the decisions on types etc., along w/what equipment I had. Very pleasureable and professional transaction. BTW, all of the cables that were replaced were the funny ones that started w/the letter "M"......dg
                    If you were able to truly compare their internal construction to many other cables available in the marketplace today you would understand why I (and many many others) will never touch them. Most of the audio specfic forums caution against buying this brand. They are also grossly overpriced for their quality as well.

Just IMO of course, but I've seen more than 20 years of comparisons.
                    Bruce

Comment

• gross30
                      • Jun 2005

Bruce, you hit that right on the nose. I am assuming with the size of that company that I wasn't the only "sucker". Strength in numbers I guess.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"