Just bought the 1068! Hopefully it will beat what I have!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spkerguy
    • Jun 2005

Just bought the 1068! Hopefully it will beat what I have!

Hello everyone,

I just pulled the trigger on a Rotel 1068. Hopefully I will get better sound than what I'm used to. . The processor I am using now (Lexicon DC-1) originally came out in 1996 but I have the latest software upgrade (1999) for DTS and THX. I made the Rotel 1068 purchase since center and sub inputs on my lex stopped working and Lexicon said it will be about $500 to fix. I haven't been able to compare the DC-1 against the Rotel. Some people tell me the sound will be better and some say it will be worse. I need something to get me by until there is a winner in the format war going on. At least I will have a working center and sub channels Did I make the right decision vs. fixing the lex?

Thanks,

Ken
  • Boone38
    • Dec 2004

I would say you did the right thing in buying the 1068. I bought mine only a few weeks ago. Sound is impressive.

Good luck

Comment

• htsteve
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

1068 good for HT

spkerguy,

You should like the 1068. I had an older DD/DTS, prologic set-up. It was quite good. I then bought the 1068. The 1068 is much better. It had pro-logic II. This is much better for these kinds of sources. Also, much better bass management, and on the fly center, rear and sub volume adjustments (a nice feature). The overall sound is quite integrated and very good. What amp and speakers do you have? I have Rotel amps (1095 and 1080) and B&W speakers (N804's, HTM1 and 705's). I only use mine as an audio pre-amp. All of my video sources are direct into the TV, so I can't speak about it's video capabilities. Rotel equipment also tends to hold value pretty well. You should recoup some of the expense when you next upgrade.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• spkerguy
        • Jun 2005

Thanks,

It is so easy to second guess yourself when making these purchases!

Ken

Comment

• spkerguy
          • Jun 2005

I'm running a rotel 1095 amp and Energy Veritas 2.4i setup. I'm not going to be using the video features since I plug everything directly into the TV. I am looking to keep this unit about a year and then upgrade the processor to one with HDMI 1.3 specs.

Thanks,

Ken

Comment

• bleeding ears
            • Nov 2004

Ken, how about a short review of how you find the 1068.

As I am sure you are aware it does take some time to set these things up properly. There are a lot of settings to choose from. For a quick set up I suggest you go to the advanced speaker menu and set everything to "master".

Later, you might find other settings are better but this is a goog start.

Let us know what you think of it, particularly for 2 channel.

Pete

Comment

• spkerguy
              • Jun 2005

Thanks everyone,
              I will definitely give a review of it when I have everything setup. My dealer didn't have it in stock but I already paid for it and hopefully it will arrive sometime next week. Can't wait!

Ken

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"