X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChainsawCharlie
    • Jul 2004

Rotel rsp 985 vs rsp 1068 Upgrade or not

Hey

I can't decide to buy the rsp 1068 or not.The most important thing for me is the sound quality, not the extra stuff as prologic 2 etc.50/50 for music/hometheater.I have the rmb 1075.
    I borrowed the 1066 from my local dealer, and it sounded terrible against the 985.It was very hard, like my old Yamaha.
    Is there anyone here who has/had, and now upgraded to the 1068? How is the sound quality vs 985?

regards
    Tom
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Most people who have upgraded from the 1066 to 1068 have mentioned they feel there was a definite increase in sound quality, however your mileage may vary. Only way to know for sure is to go listen for yourself

Jason
    Jason

Comment

• Ross Smith
      • May 2004

I had a RSP 980 similar to your 985 except it didn't have the D/D or DTS inbuilt decoders,I used a Dennon D/D decoder plugged into the 5.1 imput.Then I bought a RSP 976 but that had a fault it wouldn't lock onto the digital signal so the Rotel dealer replaced it with the 1066.
      I'm really happy with my 1066 its smooth clear and open I wouldn't call it bright at all, all new gear needs time to burn in before sounding their best. The sound characteristics of my three processors was very different, with my previous processors D/D or DTS sounded very sharp and biting but now it's nice and smooth but still detailed. Much easier for long turn listening, if anything I think my old 980 sounded a bit better in straight stereo. I still have the old processor but I never feel like swapping over to it.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"