X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hamiltong
    • Feb 2003

1068 Firmware upgrade problems

Hi Folks,

First attempts for firmware upgrade.. not so successful..

I cannot get the HyperTerminal program (OS included version or Private Edition) to establish communications with the 1068.

I've followed the instructions to the letter.. Back panel power switch off / dip switch to on / 19200/8N1/None / ASCII setup.. / etc using the cable that came with the unit. Checked and re-checked.. I even tried re-adjusting the buffers.

I've tried it on my Dell Laptop (com1) as well as my computer (com1). Both of which have never had problems communicating over com1.

All scenerios with HyperTerminal or even SecureCRT program display nothing but the following when throwing the on/off switch on the back to the on position:

1<

I've made attempts to ensure that the dip switch is in the correct position (sometime dip switches have a tendancy to stick in the middle).

After trying several attempts I decided to try and go another step and power up via the front power button with the DIP set to on. HyperTerminal came back with readable information (PROLOGIC, Video, 1068, etc).

Everything back to normal - all settings retained - just can't upgrade.

Any ideas?? thx. -gh
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Originally posted by hamiltong
    Hi Folks,
    Back panel power switch off / dip switch to on / 19200/8N1/None / ASCII
    Might have been relayed wrong, but you turn the back power switch off just to hook everything up. You must then flip the back switch back on, and then hit the front power button. You should then see the firmware prompt. Since dips-off gets you feedback, everything else is right.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"