X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • photoman
    • Apr 2006

Rotel & DVDO

Anyone have any experience with a 1068 and DVDO gear good, bad otherwise? Thanks.
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by photoman
    Anyone have any experience with a 1068 and DVDO gear good, bad otherwise? Thanks.

what would you use a DVDO with a 1068 for?

I have a DVDO with a RDV 1060 and the picture quality is second to none.

Comment

• photoman
      • Apr 2006

like to be able to switch between hdmi devices with the dvdo device while having the audio go through the 1068

Comment

• Nolan B
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2005

like to be able to switch between hdmi devices with the dvdo device while having the audio go through the 1068

yes that would work if ou buy the DVDO VP 30. The DVDO acts MUCH more then just a switcher. Make sure if you do decide to get one you have the following:

1. a DVD player which can send 480i (not prpgressive over DVI). You want the DVDO to de-interlace the video

2. A display which can accept its native resolution via HDMI or DVI.

Comment

• photoman
          • Apr 2006

I plan on using a Pioneer 79avi HMDI, a Directv HD set box also HDMI, a Mac Mini through DVI-HDMI and eventually some sort of projector via HDMI. I'd like for all these video devices to plug into the iScan VP30 and audio into the 1068. I'm not using the 79avi for CD audio as I've got a 1072 for that. It would seem like the VP30 would be a perfect compliment to the 1068 until Rotel stuffs a VP30 into a 1068 and calls it VP1068-30.

Comment

• Nolan B
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2005

I plan on using a Pioneer 79avi HMDI, a Directv HD set box also HDMI, a Mac Mini through DVI-HDMI and eventually some sort of projector via HDMI. I'd like for all these video devices to plug into the iScan VP30 and audio into the 1068. I'm not using the 79avi for CD audio as I've got a 1072 for that. It would seem like the VP30 would be a perfect compliment to the 1068 until Rotel stuffs a VP30 into a 1068 and calls it VP1068-30.

you will be happy with the video quality results. I would recomend when choosing your projector you get confirmation that the internal processor can be bypassed when using HDMI...you will be blown away with the resultss.

Comment

• photoman
              • Apr 2006

thanks, just ordered one.

Comment

• Nolan B
                Super Senior Member
                • Sep 2005

thanks, just ordered one.

good for you...if you have any questions let me know. I have the iScan HD, but have had it for a while now and doen lots of playing around with it.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"