X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bluespower
    • Sep 2005

Help with RDV-1060 set-up for DVD-Audio

Hello to all,

I've owned my RDV-1060 all of three hours and I'm stumped. It may be in the manual, but I just haven't found it yet.

I have the 1060 connected to my 1068 with both a digital connection and six analog cables.

I checked my speaker levels using the processor test tones and everything is balanced fine. When I run the test tones from the DVD player (for analog set-up---correct?) I find that my front channels to be dead on, but my surrounds are about 2.5 to 3 dB louder.

I've found delay adjustments, but no speaker level adjustments?

Am I missing something in the DVD set-up?

Do you ignore the settings gotten from the 1068 test tones and back them off on the processor util the tones generated from the 1060 balance?

If I do what I just mentioned, will the balance from a digital connection be off the other direction?

I'm sorry if it ends up being a stupid question, but I didn't have this issue with my old deck. Thanks in advance...
    Bluespower
  • MarkR
    • Jan 2005

The speaker level settings in your reciever will not apply to the multi inputs which is why you need to adjust the levels at the source (DVD player). Consequently the speaker level settings on the DVD will not apply to the digital connection which is why you need to adjust the levels at the processor.

Enjoy your new toy. :T

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Mark's correct, what's strange is you are right. The manual makes no mention of setting the levels. It says to turn the test tones on to help set the receivers level (which you can't do on the multi-inputs).

I do know that the 1060 changes modes when you put a DVD-A disc in. Have you tried going into the setup menu after loading a DVD-A disc? That's really the only disc you would have to set the levels in the DVD player for anyway.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Bluespower
        • Sep 2005

I'm almost positive I had a DVD-A disc in last night. I'll try again this evening just to make sure. I'll try resetting it to the factory defauls and start all over.

By chance, are you aware of any software updates? I didn't see anything listed on Rotels site.

It seems to be a wonderful deck but this level issue has me puzzled...
        Bluespower

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"