X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jason Brown
    • Jan 2004

Be careful with your RR-1050!

Wow! After about a week of ownership, I just broke my first remote ever. It actually would've happened a couple of days ago when I knocked my RR-1050 off of a chair onto a carpeted floor, but I didn't notice until today when I saw half of the infrared lens missing from the underside. Luckily I found the other half on the floor and was able to snap it back into place with no problem.

This is the exact same unfortunate design that plagues the trunk of my Dodge Stratus R/T (wraparound lens) and has caused me to have that fixed twice in 3 years.

The good thing is that the remote still works fine. I just want to give a heads-up to those who think it's okay to be nonchalant with this remote like they may have been (as I was) with others in the past .
  • Tha Freak
    • Jul 2003

The exact same thing happened to me...

it is still working...but when it doesn't, I will be obligeate to get a Pronto :LOL:

- - - - - - - - - -

"Are you gonna bark all day little doggy?...or are you gonna bite?
    -Mr. Blond in Reservoir Dogs
    - - - - - - - - - -

"Are you gonna bark all day little doggy?...or are you gonna bite?

Comment

• Jason Brown
      • Jan 2004

A Pronto would be nice, I'm sure.

I really like the 1050 though. The last 4 AVRs I had all came with "universal" remotes, but I didn't find any of them suitable to run all my components. I even bought a Sony RM-AV3000 and threw it on eBay just as fast. I am finally enjoying running all my stuff with one remote.

I'll be satisfied as long as I stay away from the Prontos and the like.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"