X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skuzzyb
    • Mar 2006

Rotel 1068 upgrade

Does anyone know if Rotel has any plans to upgrade the 1068? While I am a big fan of Rotel I can get better processing capabilities from a Yamaha RXV2600 and use the the Rotel amps. I would really like to keep my kit all Rotel but do not see where it makes sense to do so with the lack of features on the 1068. I do not want to spend money on the 1098 because at that price I can get a Z-9. Anyway, back to my original question, does any know if they are planning on upgrading the 1068? Thanks
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Some time later this year if all goes well.

Kevin D.

Comment

• june
      • Feb 2005

Skuzzby,

I used my Yamaha RXV-3000 as a preamp for years with a Rotel amp. But every since I brought the 1068, major difference with processing sound from movies or music!!!!! I'm saving to upgrade the bedroom system from the RXV-3000 to either a Rotel receiver or another 1068.
      June
      "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"

Comment

• gianni
        • Nov 2002

What exactly are you looking for in processing capabilities?

Comment

• skuzzyb
          • Mar 2006

HDMI input and output
          Upconversion on broadcast sources

Since I will be using this for both HT and music I would like something that has good HT capabilities, especially video processing. I am aware that a good DVD player can handle the video (ARCAM, Yamaha 2500 or the Denon 3910) but from an integration standpoint it makes sense to channel everything through the HT processor.

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

Then you would probably be happy waiting for the 1068's replacement. You could probably get the 2600 and resell it when the 106x hits.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"