X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alkaline6
    • Nov 2003

RSP-1066

I have my HD cable boxed connected to the 1066. Digital audio available through a coax connect and analog through RCA jacks.

Problem: The volume level of the digital channels is much louder than the analog channels. Is there any way of balancing these sound levels?

Thanks in advance,
  • mazuly
    • Feb 2003

Hi,

You are using Rogers I guess, and I have the exact same problem. I have complained about this to Rogers but they just don't want to do anything about it. This is frustrating since Rogers does not broadcast all channels in digital. Unfortunately you can not do anything about this since 1066 can not normalize the input volumes. I just try not to watch any non digital channels, but I have the same problem when I watch speed vision and as soon as I change to a digital channel after, my system wakes up the whole neighborhood

Just complain to Rogers about this and they may fix this if enough of us complain.

Thanks,
    Maziar

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

I have the same problem with my cable service provider (tiny Delta Cable). As far as I know they use the same Motorola boxes as pretty much every cable provider. I did find in the Motorols box's set up menu an option for what they call "compression" which seems to quiet the digital signal more than the analog one. However I then end up with the exact opposite problem when listening straight through the TV rather than my stereo. Now the digital channels are quiet and need to have the volume cranked up. Frustrating indeed but it seems to be a problem with the equipment not the cable company.

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
      Jason

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"