X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greve
    • Oct 2004

Can I do this on an RSP-1098?

I have a rather technical question about the RSP-1098.

I would like to take the signal for the 2 front channels out *digitally* from the RSP-1098 to pass it into a separate 2-channel DAC with volume control which then sends the analogue signal for these 2 front channels to the power amps. Meanwhile the RSP-1098 handles D/A conversion for all the other channels and send the analogue signal to the other power amps.

Can this be done somehow?
  • Marlboroman
    • Aug 2005

You can take the digital output from the 1098, which is just whatever the digital input is and send that but it will the full digital signal and not just the front two channels.

Comment

• greve
      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Marlboroman
      You can take the digital output from the 1098, which is just whatever the digital input is and send that but it will the full digital signal and not just the front two channels.
      Well, my intention was to take a digital DTS stream into the RSP-1098 and get the front 2 channels out in PCM on a digital output. Will that work?

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Nope, it will be the full DTS signal. You would still need a decoder on the other end.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"