• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

RSP 1098 - Help switching between Digital and Analogue Inputs

Hi,

Having got a new DVD, something I've just got round to trying with my RSP 1098 is wanting to switch between digital and analogue inputs on the 1098 to compare the sound.

The manual makes it look like this is easy using the “2 Channel” button to toggle or the “Sur+” button. However I've found that I can't get this to work for any of my sources that have digital and analogue connected.

So - I'm probably misreading the manual - What's the secret to be able to switch between the Analogue and Digital inputs for the same source?

Geoff Costello
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Geoff,

Have you tried going to the menu, accessing the input and changing the input source from that point?

Just a quick thought,

Azeke

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2003

Thanks,

That suggestion works but it permanently changes the input fron digital to analogue (ie until you remember to set it back)- not a good idea for a DVD player. I was hoping (expecting from the manual) for a way to temporarily change it.....

Geoff Costello

Comment

• Scarp
        • Mar 2003

Try the "D-SLT" button on the remote (hidden behind the flap and totally undocumented). This switches Digital and analogue inputs.

Comment

• mazuly
          • Feb 2003

Hi,

The way I do it is that I have connected my DVD player to RSP-1098s' digital input 1 (coaxial) as well as the multi-input for DVD-A. I switch between digital and analog feed by pressing and holding V1 or EXT buttons on my remote.

Thanks,
          Maziar

Comment

• lcajiga
            • Aug 2003

Geoff, what Scarp said is correct. D-SLT changes the input.

Regards,
            Luis

"It is not what you see and hear...it is how!"
            Regards,
            Luis

http://www.luiscajiga.com/HT.htm

"It is not what you see and hear...it is how!"

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
              Super Senior Member
              • Oct 2003

Thanks,

The D-SLT key seems to do the job, though it wants to toggle through every input (coax and optical) on the way! But for testing and comparisons it gets the job done - & it would have taken me a long time to find it!!!

However I can feel an additon to the Wishlist coming on - it would be great to be able to switch digital at analogue from any input using the "2 Chnl" button as implied by the manual....

Geoff Costello

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"