X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Britchie
    • Nov 2003

1098 w/denon 2900 switches to analogue for SACD

I recently hooked up my Denon 2900 with the 1098. The first few days I ways sending a digital signal to the 1098 which is the default on my DVD imput setting. Now The 1098 is automatically switching to analog imput when I play SACD's though the 2900. Anyone know why this would happen? It sounds Ok, but I have one SACD that I can only hear in 2ch mode. It won't allow me to switch to 5ch. Could it be the SACD recording itself that only has two channels? The disc is Journey's Greatest hits.

Any ideas are appreciated.

thanks,

Brad
  • Scarp
    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by britchie
    I recently hooked up my Denon 2900 with the 1098. The first few days I ways sending a digital signal to the 1098 which is the default on my DVD imput setting. Now The 1098 is automatically switching to analog imput when I play SACD's though the 2900. Anyone know why this would happen? It sounds Ok, but I have one SACD that I can only hear in 2ch mode. It won't allow me to switch to 5ch. Could it be the SACD recording itself that only has two channels? The disc is Journey's Greatest hits.

Any ideas are appreciated.

thanks,

Brad
    SACD can only be tranferred analogue. It will not be output digitally. So when you hook up the analogue stereo output to the analogue DVD input and you connect the digital cable to the dvd input, then for SACD the stereo analogue signal is used and for normal CD's (PCM) and DVD's (DD/DTS) the digital signal is used.

If you want to listen to Multichannel SACD, then you got to hook up the 5.1 analogue output from the denon player to the multichannel analogue input on the Rotel. Then you need to switch to the multichannel input on the 1098 for listening to this (EXT on your remote).

Obviously when the recording is only stereo, then only the two main speakers will play even when using the multichannel outputs/inputs.

Also setup the bassmanagement and speakermanagement in your Denon player correctly.

Comment

• will1066
      • Aug 2003

Also check the liner notes on the Journey disc. Some SACDs are marked stereo only. Some are multichannel and stereo. And some are hybrid, which means they have a regular CD layer included. The 2900 has a button called Super Audio CD Setup on the front panel. Press it repeatedly and see what it toggles. For a disc that has everything, it would cycle through Stereo, Multi, and CD.

Comment

• jimmyp58
        Super Senior Member
        • Aug 2003

Brad:

Journey's Greatest Hits, on SACD, is STEREO only.

Jim
        jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"