X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gostan
    • May 2003

New Rotel Equipment

My RSX-1055 has been gone for several weeks now. I decided not to wait for the new 1068. I picked up my new RSP-1098, RMB-1075 & RT-1080 tonight as I could no longer listen to my Denon loaner and I decided that although the 1068 will be improved over the discontinued 1066, that Rotel cannot afford to make it sound as good as the 1098.

My initial impressions are that the analog stereo audio sound is sensational. I am listening to B&W CDM 7NT's and the extra headroom from the 1075 certainly makes a discernable difference. The separate tuner sounds much cleaner than the built in tuner of the 1055. I will have to listen to multi-channel and digital sources over the weekend. It is going to be a very busy weekend. Now I will definitely have to do something extra special for my wife for Valentine's Day.
    Stan
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Congrats!

Maybe you'll have to watch some romantic movies with her on all that new gear

Also, as amazing as you say it sounds now, just think how good it will get once everything's broken in 8O

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason

Comment

• mazuly
      • Feb 2003

Excellent Choices there

Aud19 is absolutely right about break in period. I remember my 1098 was very bright at the start and now it sounds warm and wonderful.

Have fun, and don't forget the Valentines present tomorrow

Maziar

Comment

• gostan
        • May 2003

I figured out a way to expedite the break-in period and to celebrate Valentine's Day. First, fresh cut roses and flowers. Second, a great mix of love songs from my cd collection (about 3 hours worth) and a copy of the newly released Under The Tuscan Sky movie with Diane Lane. The Two Towers movies and the Bob Dylan sacd full set are waiting in the background. It should be a great day and evening listening and watching on the new Rotel equipment.

This morning I turned on the RT-1080 tuner for the first time. I am very happy to report that the separate tuner greatly outperforms the tuner in the 1055 receiver. Stations are stronger and clearer. In fact, here in Boston (actually Haverhill north of Boston and in southern NH) there is a great independent station (92.5 The River) which I could never receive. It comes in perfectly in the day (have to check it out in the evening) and it is playing love songs all day. My honey should be happy. I am going in to work for a few hours and I told her to just leave it on as it has the various units have to break in.

Maybe tomorrow I will find time to recalibrate my entire audio and video with Avia Pro and Digital Video Essentials.

Happy Valentine's Day to all at Club Rotel. Play your honeys love songs today.
        Stan

Comment

• Azeke
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2003

Gostan,

Congratulations on your new equipment. The 1098 is an acoustical wonder, which doesn't break the bank.

Once you have achieved the proper break-in, the fun begins, because you will be tweaking this beauty for the next few months.

Here is the tweaking scenario:

Wife: What are you doing down there?
          Me: I'm tweaking my love.
          Wife: Will you ever finish, you've been doing that for a couple of months now.
          Me: Soon dear, soon.

Enjoy your new toys,

Azeke

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"