X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xavierzx11
    • Aug 2003

New RSP-1098 video question. NEED HELP

Hi, I'm new here and I just got my new RSP-1098 yesterday! But I do have one question. I can see all my video sorces on the front of the 1098 esply for my Zen High Def STB. I have a composite video cable going from the Zen (vid1) to the 1098 (composite 2/I am using component 2 for the STB). What am I doing wrong? Thanks

"Everyone has to have a hobby!"
  • Scarp
    • Mar 2003

Are you sure that that Zen thing sends out both composite and component at the same time? Some equipment might only send one type of signal at the time. Check the manual of that equipment.
    If that should work, the recheck your connections.

Comment

• Rock Dog
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2003

Not sure if I understand the question. But yes, there may be the issue of not sending both signals at once. If it's going to component. WEll, the 1098's display does not use (will not display) component video, only comp. or S-video.

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!

Comment

• Scarp
        • Mar 2003

Rock Dog, the 1098 only display composite on its TFT, not s-video or component.

xavier, please put more clearly how you connected the equipment to your 1098. There might be something wrong with the way you connected it.

Comment

• skipm
          • Jun 2003

Xavierzx11-

Congratulations of your 1098 and welcome to the club! The Zenth and Sony STB's do not send video simultaneously to their video outputs. So if you are sending through your component outs, then there is no signal on s-video and composite. Both have new STB's that will be available in September that do output video simultaneously. The only current STB's that I'm familiar with that do are Samsung. I'm sure there are others, I just don't have any experience with them.

-Skip

Comment

• xavierzx11
            • Aug 2003

Thanks Skip. Thanks everyone. I'm happy to be a part of the Rotel club and have been hard at work all day getting the 1098 setup just right. I will post my feelings on this unit Vs. the 106 in a week or so since I have had both. Thanks again.

Paul

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"