X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nmit5903
    • Mar 2006

1067 setup help needed

After some 20 hrs of trying to setup my new 1067 and numerous telephone calls to the dealer, I am not progressing. I am hooking up a 1050 and set-top box via Component 1 and 3 inputs and coax sound inputs 1 and 3. The AMP is connected up to a Sony Plasma TV (via the component output) and BW 600 series 3 speakers.

I cannot get sound and have been unable to get the OSD function to work in order to setup the sound inputs and outputs.

Any help much appreciated.
    Last edited by nmit5903; 21 March 2006, 09:39 Tuesday.
  • Robo1067
    • Jan 2006

I had the same sort of problem with my 1067 where I could not access the OSD. I was informed by the helpful people in this club that I had to press the AUD button 1st (top left directly below LCD screen on remote) then 'menu' and then 'enter' I think the order is and bingo. You can then sort out the inputs and outputs from there. Once you get the OSD it is very easy.
    I am not 100% sure but OSD may not be output via component so you may have to run a s-video cable just for this.
    Hope this helps as it did for me
    And I am VERY happy with my unit, no hisses, pops, gurgles just great sound :T .
    Rob

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

OSD is available through component on the 1067. If your DVD player is set to progressive and your set-top box is HD, you probably won't be able to see the OSD if they are on. Try switching to video 2 or 4 before trying the OSD.

Like Rob said, it's crutial that you select the AUD mode on the remote before attempting any Rotel function aside from volume.

Kevin D.

Comment

• nmit5903
        • Mar 2006

Many thanks Keven and Robo - it works. Hopefully plain sailing from here. Wish I ha looked for this site sooner.

Comment

• Cornchips
          • Nov 2005

Menu is visable with Progressive Scan

If you've been able to access the menu (at all) -- here's the fix:

From the initial menu, scroll down the left to either "Options or Misc".

Towards the bottom of the list you'll see something about OSD or Progressive Scan -- like 2 from the bottom.

You can choose V2 or V3 or both and the RSX-1067 will "switch" from the present video source to another internal source (the menu system) whenever you press the menu button on the remote.

BTW: This an "actual" signal switch for the RSX-1067 -- expect a slight delay and minor screen flicker when accessing the menu AND when switching back to your other sources.

Hope this helps...
          Don't touch that wire...
          The touching story of one man and several amplifiers.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"