X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ajpoe
    • Jul 2004

Not enough component inputs...

I have 2 component inputs on my HDTV. I don't like the signal when I pass it through my receiver so I'd rather run source to TV on everything. I got the Zenith 318 to use for DVDs now. I will continue to use my HTPC for recording and playing back recorded shows. I also run component straight from my satellite receiver to TV. I will never use my HTPC and DVD player at the same time. Can I get 3 nice Y adaptors may be like these and put them on the input on my TV and run both the DVD player and HTPC into the same input? This wouldn't cause any problems would it? If I accidentally had both on at the same time for a second by mistake, would it damage my TV?

thanks,
    ajpoe
    AJPoe - - Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!
  • jimmyp58
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

Audio Authority sells a really nice device for you to hook-up up to four component units with a single component out.

See their website.

Jim
    jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• brucek
      HTG Expert
      • Aug 2000

Can I get 3 nice Y adaptors may be like these and put them on the input on my TV and run both the DVD player and HTPC into the same input?
      No, you cannot do this....Y-adapters are for splitting line level outputs, not inputs.......

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Yeah as far as I know you'll have to do one of two things. Get some sort of switchbox which is likely a PIA. Or, a scaler which at least offers improved peromance and switching. Otherwise you're stuck going through your receiver.

Jason
        Jason

Comment

• ThomasW
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

If you can live with a fairly large rackmount sized device the NEC-ISS-6010/6020 switchers are pretty amazing. They had an original list price of $3000. One can find them on flea-bay or videogon for $150 or so.

With the proper internal cards they'll switch component, RGBHV, S-Video, Composite, and VGA. Here's a pic of one ignore the IR device he has sitting on the top

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• ajpoe
            • Jul 2004

ok, thanks guys. i'll check into some of those things or just put up with switching the components between my satellite receiver and dvd player. at least they easily accessable being on top of my rack until i decide on a more permanent solution.

ajpoe
            AJPoe - - Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"