X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trevor_J
    • Oct 2002

Component video switching on RSP1066

Hi all. It's been a while but I'm back with a problem that I need help with. This weekend I made the jump to HDTV which meant that I would finally use the component switching capabilities of my 1066. I have an updated unit that supports HDTV bandwidth on the component inputs.

Here's my problem: I've plugged my DVD player into Component 1 and the HDTV receiver into Component 2 and then set the inputs in the menu for Video 1 to be DVD and Video 2 to be HDTV. When I switch to DVD (Video 1) I get picture and sound from the DVD player, but when I switch to the HDTV input (Video 2) I get sound from my HDTV receiver but the DVD picture which means that the unit is not switching the inputs as it should. I am running the latest firmware v1.50 and I even reloaded the firmware to an earlier version v1.49 which made no difference. Is there something that I need to do to enable component switching or is it what it looks like which is a faulty unit?

Thanks in advance.
  • Trevor_J
    • Oct 2002

I called Rotel support and informed them of my problem. After describing to them the problem and giving them my serial number, they confirmed that I was running the wrong firmware version on my unit (1.xx instead of 2.xx) The funny thing is that these firmwares are not supposed to be interchangeable but I have been running a version 1.xx firmware on my unit with no apparent problems except for my recently discovered Component switching problem which has been resolved after properly flashing my unit to 2.26.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"