X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hd4life
    • Feb 2004

Advice please

Hello all!!

I’m new to this place and I must say... it’s nice to have a place where we can share our thoughts and ideas about our specific love of the Rotel line. I just made the jump to separates and I’m so glad I finally did it. I was considering getting the new Yamaha Z-9, I found a local dealer that had one and so when I went to see it and heart it, I found he also was the local Rotel dealer. After hours of decision with the deal and his crew of experts… I found myself looking at the 1098 with a 1095 and a 1070 for the back surround. Wow, this stuff is wonderful!

I did have the 1095 humm and my dealer quickly told me how to correct that with the ground loop eliminator on my cable connection for $4.95. Easy fix. I can’t wait until the baby settles in…. I have now directed my focus on speaker cabling and have ordered new cables for the front soundstage. I went with Audioquest Diamondback interconnects for the pre/pro and so I went with them for the speaker cables as well. I went with the Type-6 Circular Helix Hyperlitz and can’t wait to hear them on the new system. I want to ask you folks, what are you using for speaker cables..? I have the Energy Veritas 2.3I’s all around except for a velodyne and a SVS sub. The speaker cables are fairly expensive for the front three channels and they are not that long, I hate to think about the rears. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Love my Rotel….
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Welcome to HTGuide Jon

Thats a nice list of equipment you purchased there! :P Glad to see you're enjoying it. It seems you've also found yourself a good, knowledeable dealer that knew about and how to correct the ground loop problem.

As for cables you should send off an email to Doug (aka Lex) the owner of this forum as well as a few cable companies with some damn nice products and even better service. As an added bonus he tends to give a discount to HTG'ers if you ask nice and you'd be supporting this great forum!

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason

Comment

• Hd4life
      • Feb 2004

Thanks guys, I'll check that out.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"